Thursday, November 29, 2007

Zumbugs and Doenuts

were very much the order of the day in our long-term bid to attract a Roario (ignore the rest of this paragraph if you have no interest in Viva Pinata). My main role was to grow various items needed as cash crops or 'romancing' aids and F was largely in charge of buildings and romancing. We haven't got our Roario yet but it's a good garden, loads of long grass. The Elephanillas are happy and had a couple of babies. We had a few setbacks but managed to keep it moving forward each time.
I was also in the mood to busy myself with washing and finding places to dry stuff so I did that too and made various phone calls that have been lining up in a black cloud over my head. Basically a sorting-things kind of day.
Set off in plenty of time for Little Ninjas so that F would get a chance to relax once we got there, before class, which worked out really well. She enjoyed it and did well, concentrated most of the time and improved throughout the session. K and R were there, so we arranged an evening drink for K and me next week as we are fed up with not seeing each other properly for a looooong chat and a larf.
Whilst at the Leisure Centre I filled in a form for F to have swimming lessons, not sure when they will have a slot, but I assured them we can do any time, so we'll see if they get in touch. Although I think it is perfectly possible for F to learn the way that we have been doing, I know that I'm just not going to take her every week just to stand close to her for 90 minutes in the water - I don't mind doing it once in a while but realistically I know that I won't do it every week, and I think weekly or more frequent experience will be what gets her actually swimming. She loves the pool too - my only reservation with lessons is that it can easily go wrong and give someone a hatred of water, if the teacher has the wrong kind of attitude, but if I think it's not right for her I won't make her go.
We had lots of nice chats on the way there and back, walking, but I can't remember the specifics - stuff about seasons, largely, I think, and festivals.
Right, I have to work now.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I so want to play Viva Pinata, but my console collection doesn't include an Xbox. Yet. Is it worth getting an Xbox just for that game?!

a said...

In my opinion, yes, because it's such a great non-linear game. I rarely get a chance to play my own garden but I meddle in F's now and then and there is a vast array of pleasingly complex possibilities. Plenty of gameplay if you like non-linear stuff.

a said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a said...

I just saw it has been released for PC/Windows! 2 weeks ago in fact.
*is tempted*

Sarah said...

But I have a mac!!!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering exactly the same, we have many consoles but not an xbox. I may have to ask santa for the pc version!