Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Just a quick catch-up cos I'm tired.
Worked through the night last night and can feel the effects! Knacked tonight.
Worth it though. Have another very large job for next week, which I know is going to be a major push, but I'm quite excited about it and about seeing how far I can push myself - I love jobs that just fit into the end of the month like that. In April I will be able to start pulling back a bit from these fairly insane hours of recent months. What I like about my job though is that even when I have 2 manic weeks of work, I can then take a whole week off and that's great. I like the ultimate control I have.
Anyway, I digress.

F has been making books, drawing, playing in the garden, blocking the effing basin up with mud, dancing around, playing 'Cooking Mama' on DS, enjoying being read to (Daisy - The Trouble with Life); playing XBox; asking about how the toilet works (we looked in the cistern and talked about valves being a bit like gates); asking what puns are; Googling and going on Education City; getting ever closer to reading - her confidence and interest in that is higher than it's ever been - today we had a day of writing/drawing favourite things, folding the papers and choosing, but we ran out of time. I was out of the room and came back in to find that F had unfolded my written papers and had a go at reading them and done really well. I sense she's feeling that this reading/writing lark is not such a big deal, that she can have a go, that it can be gradual, that mistakes don't matter, which I feel so pleased to see. She still often asks me to do writing for her and I almost always do - there's no hurry to push her on. I can easily see that she is getting there and so can she.
What else? We all did a fiddly cat kit at the weekend, I've been eating more healthily and all that, F has been adding up, subtracting and multiplying - mainly in relation to the coins she has saved up and her plans for spending them.

No comments: