Thursday, April 10, 2014

J got job, Queen's Park, Spring Barn again

Saturday 5th April
Day at home mostly working for me I think. Freya did some History and ICT work. She has subsequently taught me a bit about the Magna Carta, which never 'went in' for me at school for some reason.
Watched The Voice final and had nice dinner followed by proper pudding, which we don't do often - fruit strudel, raspberry ice-cream and fruit compote and raspberries.

Sunday 6th April
Fencing, chat with M for me. And a game of Star Trek Catan later, which was good, followed by rather late dinner. Did some Maths with Freya.
Not sure if that was the day she made this little origami swan.



Monday 7th April
Pouring rain all day so took a taxi to get Freya to her art workshop - it had been planned as sketching by the sea then back to studio in Lewes for painting, but the weather changed the plans. Still sea-themed art in the studio though.



While she was there J called me and told me he had got the job! Very exciting, he was quite shaky and shocked I think. Really pleased for him and proud - and not as surprised as he was as I felt he must have done well in the interview. 
We had a Monday curry to celebrate - I couldn't have a drink sadly as lots of work this month so far (which is also good).

Tuesday 8th April
Met up with Brighton friends, was really good to see them, at Queen's Park. Freya spent time mainly with L and I had some happy chatting time. Good to be outside and some sunshine though chilly sitting on the ground (oops getting old!). I am so conditioned to expect disaster in that park, from previous experiences, that I find it hard to relax, but the company did help!

Wednesday 9th April
Spring Barn again this time with M and family. Beautiful weather again. Drop slides very popular and revisited a few times, Freya now completely comfortable with them hooray! Picnicky food and more sunshine as they also went on zip wire, jumping pillow, go-karts, etc. and fed the lambs. Lovely day, lots of chatting with M.



Back home we had Chinese food and watched a couple of Pertwee Doctor Who episodes.
Did a bit of French with Freya before bed - hellos, goodbyes, pleases and thank yous and how are yous

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh well done to J!

a said...

Thank you!