Thursday, February 24, 2005

fat hat cat at

Yesterday F had a first look around WebLand and seemed quite keen, although she's a bit fixated on the balloon animal game that was free on their website.
It really looks good, lots of games and information presented attractively in short bursts with sound and pictures. We only looked at about a 10th of what we have downloaded.
Yesterday also I talked with her a bit about the main sound that the letter 'a' makes, in at, cat, etc. She seemed quite excited about it. I wrote out the letter and the words and did lots of sounding repetition, then we looked for the 'a' sound and especially 'at' in one of her books. Then she had had enough, think that was quite intense for her in some ways.
I cooked a 'starfish in a rock pool' for her tea, as seen earlier on 'Big Cook, Little Cook', except vegan version. She enjoyed it, it was good to see her eating something different!
A big change this week has been that we have moved on to reading books with chapters at bedtime, so we read 2 or 3 new chapters of a book instead of reading and rereading small stories. She is absolutely loving it and so are we, it's great to be reading something new every night. I'm going to have to keep lining up the books a bit though.
We're supposed to have more snow here by now, but I think they may turn out to have been wrong.
My main plan for today is to make pizza with F. I have easy mix for pizza bases and plenty of things to go on it, so it should be fun, with a bit of mess and a bit of stress. And a bath and shower afterwards for her and me I expect, will be required. Wish we had a decent-sized kitchen with a table in to do it comfortably, we may have to do the prep in the living-room!

No comments: