Sunday, September 17, 2006

After the funeral

September so far - Monster D's party - a lovely afternoon I thought. I was in a sociable mood but somehow only had conversations with a few people. I guess it's all been blogged in many other locations but I thought The Wrong Trousers game was a cool idea, the kids really took to it (apart from F but that was the button phobia). I do like doing bubbles too, especially at the moment - very therapeutic - although it would be nice to have about 30 giant wands and bottles of solution! F was very impressed by the cakes of various sorts and it was so nice to see D clearly having the best time ever, as planned by him for quite a while. Tempted to change Mrs MT's name to Tottie here too, but that's probably pushing it.
Other stuff: yoga with varying levels of concentration; tidying of living room and also more recently of F's room. One day I threw out a carrier bag of unplayable toys and that very same day our neighbour's teenage girl came round bringing a same-sized carrier bag of Barbies and their accessories and acquaintances. I didn't gain space but at least it's filled with toys that F will play with.
Didn't manage to get much work done over the last month or so but starting to return to it a bit now, so there's a bit of a finance deficit looming, what with trains and taxis, etc.
Am knackered from blogging now so that's enough.

2 comments:

Allie said...

So good to see you back blogging - have been wondering how things were going. A powerful few weeks by the sound of it. So good to hear of someone getting to say a real goodbye and it sounds like you've had some great support around you. Must meet up some time soon.

Our weekly HE group is on the look out for new members. Will email you details in case you're interested.

a said...

Thanks for sending the e-mail - we'll aim to come next week or week after (going to my mum's but not sure when).
Yes it's been a strange time, but I can't emphasize enough how much it meant to me to be able to visit my dad and have that contact at the end. And now I'm trying to take the feelings and thoughts that came up over this time and move on with them, changing myself and my life slightly in response.