A quick one as we are off to my mum's tomorrow for a few days and don't have broadband there.
F continuing to recover from this cold, bit sniffly but nothing much and sleeping fine, etc. So that wasn't a bad one for the first cold of the season. Easing in gently...
Drama yesterday - F's concentration not too good especially in the latter part. If her interest is not held, her attention really wanders and the teacher taking the last 30 mins didn't have 'the knack'. Nevertheless F thoroughly enjoyed most of it and I'm really glad she's doing it. I also get a good hour-and-a-half's uninterrupted reading while she's in there and we have a regular chance to shop in the high street afterwards (weekly Cheezly run!). I listened in occasionally to what they were doing - they do good concentration/imagination/trust games and a bit of improvisation, generally. Got talking to a dad who turned up early to collect his daughter. The subject of school came up so I did a quick run-down of autonomous HE. He seemed unfreaked.
Shopping included new wellies for F, not much choice but she seemed OK with the pair we bought. Other than that, a few magazines/comics/books and home again. On the way we bumped into a neighbour and his little boy, Archie, who has just started school. Archie is a lovely kid, 4 and a half, can launch easily into conversation with any adult and most children. I'm really hoping school doesn't detract from him as he's a real character, I quite often hear his parents having those very public conversations with him 'But Archie, if you don't put your shoes back on right now, we can't get to where we're going in time', etc. He has massive tantrums in our street every so often, as F has been known to do, so it's nice to have such reassuring company!
F and Archie played in the park a bit and I sat and chatted with Archie's dad. Since both Archie and F are good at playing without coming to get adult input, our chat ranged over quite an area, including school/HE, kids' ages, the street we live in and who we know in it, jobs, travel, etc. He was very positive about HE and interested, despite Archie so far being happy at school, basically acknowledging that it's good to know all your options.
Back at home by early afternoon, I had a long soak and F watched a unicorn film on Sci-Fi, with J, that we had found in accidental flicking. Unicorns very popular here.
Today
F played an XBox game where a little fish eats other little fish and gets bigger and can then eat bigger fish but still always has to avoid fish that are bigger than it, etc. - various food chain stuff.
I disappeared for a nap at some point, which was really nice, I must admit, not a thing I often do.
When I came back down F was making 'a world', which seemed to include a drawing of a house with some people at the windows and then she drew her version of planet Earth, which was excellent - she talked me through it: Look, here's England and here's Chalkland (Cheltenham, where my dad lived), and here's a really thin country and this one is Africa, and then here's Maven, Baven, Caven and Laven and North. Is imaginography a subject? Or geographantasy?
Tomorrow we are packing, going to MMs and then off to mum's. Back Thursday. See you!
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment