Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Super Speed roundup

Months and seasons - F played with the word 'November' and made up a little poem/song about a baby that had a favourite toy called 'Vember' and when it heard the word 'November' it got very upset, thinking it meant 'No Vember'! And the chorus was:
And the Daddy said 'November'
And the baby said 'Wah'
And the Daddy said 'November'
And the baby said 'Wah wah wah'.

On Sunday J and F looked at her leappad together while having a nice duvet snuggle and also talked about the spellings of a few words - things she could see and favourite things. Her interest in spelling/sounding/letter/words is really up high at the moment. Also on Sunday she watched me put a luminous skeleton together and looked at joints and bones, painted my nails and I let her put lipshine on me (yuk! wiped it off after half a minute). Had a conversation about make-up, bit of a recurring theme at the moment, with me explaining I like people's real faces including mine because they're individual, whereas make-up is like mass-produced faces and most people don't do anything interesting with it but just wear slightly different shades of pink. She was unconvinced, of course, and told me my face was boring. Clearly we're not going to agree on this, but I'm glad she has plenty of access to other women who do wear make-up, she can discuss it happily with them when she needs to, or if she wants to I guess. It's as much a mystery to me as fashion!

At Monday group, F did a lot of the all-important running around, rolling about, etc. and also painted and put stickers on a card that she made all about Kessingland, with beach footprints, sunshine, caravan and other salient features. She also played with a mouse-catch-cheese magnet game that I brought. I brought some foam stickers which went down OK and some glow skeletons that didn't get looked at, so I can bring them again for Halloween. Apple pies were made by some and were delicious. I chatted to quite a few people including a woman who we rode the bus down the hill with, which was nice.
We got off the bus a few stops early and walked the rest of the way over to Glo and Shula's to go to pick up J and J from school (F quite fascinated with it but not begging to be allowed to go yet!). J is so nice to F, she really looks after and includes her (she had another friend with her for the first 10 mins of our visit or so). I find I really have to be careful not to view J as older than she is, when what she really needs is to be able to be exactly her age as much as possible. Long story, not going into it here. Nice to see Glo and really chat a bit in between refereeing requirements.
What else? Barbie and the 12 dancing princesses DVD, Doctor Who books, nice visit from my mum today, I've got tons of work which I really need as you probably know if you read me regularly.
And there I shall halt for now.

No comments: