Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Balance

We seem to have a good balance at the moment between all the different areas of life - social time and time to ourselves, home time and out time, busy time and quiet time.
Yesterday:
we got up ridiculously late and set off out to MMs, rewarding ourselves with imaginary sweets for getting to various corners/tops of roads, and sucking/chewing them very dramatically as we proceeded. F produced 'fizz drink bars' which made our mouths foam and were really noisy and lo and behold we found ourselves at the bus stop. Beautiful sunny day, so nice bus ride over - view of hills and sea from top deck was glorious. F and I were both in very happy moods and enjoyed a bit of relaxed conversation on the way about the view mainly.

At group she wasn't overly bothered with socialization of the much-prescribed peer-group kind but was keen to set up a 'picnic hotel' in the corner, which went very well thanks to the cheery patronage of W and a few others. She did a lot of coming to get me to show me stuff, which was fine though not always convenient. Not in a needy 'you've got to come or I'll whinge' kind of way, much more 'come and see'.
Managed a bit of chat mainly with Mrs MT and with W - thinking of drama and dressing-up options for the kids. I paid my membership and put F's and my cards through the laminator.
Another nice bus ride on way back, bit of a cuddle and some giggles.
Back home I sorted the kitchen out a bit while F built a very long lego train track out the living-room door, then a mortgage advisor came round, which was helpful. No new news, just checking all options, getting independent advice, etc.
After that I was straight off to writing group - we focused on flashbacks and pacing and the 2 hours flew by as usual. One more session then none for 6 weeks while the teacher/facilitator goes away on a research trip to USA, including tour of NASA sites, for her next book.
Home again, just chilled and read and was in bed by one.

Today:
A day at home, F continued with her lego train track, watched The Magic Roundabout, saw a little bit of a programme about Vikings, which had a 'F' on the credits, so I paused them so she could find it. She played a little bit of Shrek Super Party and some Viva Pinata, with me helping her to make money by the J method of chilliculture as well as my own (pumpkins, Bird of Paradise flowers, sunflowers, poppies). One of her gardens has about five horstachios and a doenut or two.
Harmony came round in the afternoon to do a yoga session. F was keen to show off all her positions but she never does any of the slow moves slowly. I'd really like to have a go at Tai Chi with her now too.
After yoga, F continued with Viva Pinata and watched a bit of telly.

Generally, at the moment, a lot of what F seems to be doing is working on the processes of logic. She makes deductions and theories, works out whether they can be right, asks questions to add to what she knows, forms analogies, etc. I know children do this all the time but I've noticed that we're having more of that kind of conversation at the moment.
Also her physical balance/stability and confidence seems good at the moment. She isn't having shoe/foot problems with walking at all, not complaining at walking, or looking uncomfortable.

I haven't got any work and can afford a few days off so am enjoying that.

No comments: