Uh-oh a whole week to catch up on.
I've not been very well - had eczema on my eyelid for over a week and a bit of a bug the last few days. Should be hibernating, see.
Anyway, what have we been doing?
F has been:
Viva Pinata gardening a lot (including naming pinatas so bit of sounding/spelling practice there)
Little Mermaiding on DS a lot (finished that game so now wondering what would be a good next buy for her, maybe in February)
W&G weir rabbiting a bit
Giving me clues to things, e.g. film characters
Talking about spellings and sounds and letters, working her way a little bit further along towards reading
Correcting me with 'doesn't she?' when I said 'don't she' about something for some reason
Hiding and jumping out when we were going somewhere, trying to scare me and being annoyed when I laughed instead, so I eventually did a good impression of being scared
Doing alternate 'graceful' and 'wild' dancing/moving
Colouring in donkeys and talking about them, what they eat, how they are same/different to ponies/horses, etc.
Telling Dozy Mog all about donkeys
In fits of slightly indignant laughter when we were out and I pretended I thought various urban noises were her (drilling, sawing, crows and reversing vehicle beeping) and had to keep asking her to stop and telling her I was glad when she did stop, etc. We got very giggly every time we heard a new noise.
And together we have been:
Over to MonsterTeeny for an afternoon where Teeny and F played with the Haunted House and did a few other things as well as joining me and Monster for some Shrek Super Party
Off to drama on Sat. morning where she learnt a song, heard her singing it to herself in her room later really well
Playing 'imaginary sweets' when out walking somewhere, having a different imaginary made-up sweet at the end of each road/at each corner, and taking turns to make up the name of the sweet and what it looked and tasted like, with exaggerated chewing mimes and frothing at mouth/hiccupping for anything fizzy
Making vegan muffins - turned out quite well, good texture, made with apples and cinnamon
Checking out the window to see what the wind has been blowing about and chatting about how strong it is and how paper gets blown away so easily
Snuggling on sofa watching films including Curious George, Magic Roundabout and some Barbie films
Have decided Little Ninjas can wait till next term as there's quite a few we couldn't have got to this term, and it's probably better not to have to walk there and back in dark, much as F likes that.
Had a lovely evening at Nic's with plenty of red wine last Friday, I seem to remember, covering a diverse range of topics in a relaxed fashion! A gave me a lift back and I dropped F off and then went straight out to a party locally, which was fun. Friends from writing group were there and we had a giggle.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment