Sunday, January 07, 2007

The end of the beginning

J goes back to work tomorrow. Our 3 weeks of Xmas is over, so I suppose we will take the tree and lights down too.
We have started house hunting, which is exciting - yes there is a blog (Nic has taught me well). So far we have looked at two houses and are starting to firm up our ideas of what we're after. We also need to get more financial advice to see what we can afford too.
F has been Viva Pinataing much of the time, as have we all - itching to get back into my garden again right now. She has had some horstachios and doenuts and a few other larger items by now. She is far better at spending the money than making it.
Also she has been DSing (Little Mermaid). I can see that I'll be joining the DS gang, and specifically the Animal Crossing sub-gang, sometime this year, maybe birthday time.
She is experiencing a little frustration with the amount of reading that is required for some bits of both games, perhaps this will spur her on?! I might suggest she has a go on some reading software this week.
Not been nice weather here, so it's been shopping, looking at houses, meals out, stories, games and films, really.
But it's been lovely having J home. Must start doing the lottery again I think.
I did a bit of work last week and was complimented by my main agency for my 'fantastic efficiency' - a compliment I get exactly once every 10 years, since that's not really my thing.
I have more work for next week already and need to take as much as possible to save for house-buying, really. Friend just told me prices are expected to rise by 15% this year - no way can the money we have for deposit earn interest at that rate. So what do we do? Hmm, this needs some more thought. And more advice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you can't tell us about the blog without telling us where to find it :) well done on your efficiency :)

Allie said...

Hiya. Have tagged you on our blog. Don't bother if you don't feel like it!