So nice to have energy again.
Yesterday we went to MMs for first time in over a month. Although it was a quiet session and I moaned to Nic about the squishy sofas having disappeared, F thoroughly enjoyed herself playing outside, riding on a toddler car down the slope (largely her favourite thing about 'group' when asked!), and putting on shows and finally 'inviting grown-ups to a party' out there. She was in far more of a mood to mix with the adults than the children and was kindly indulged. She did some kind of Star Wars play with 3 scenes (each very definitely announced) ending with a rescue and featuring the Statue of Liberty.
It was lovely to have a lift to and from MMs, thanks to Nic. At one point in the car, while Nic was in the shop, F asked 'who made the first human being', which led to me blustering in an unprepared manner. Also had a good conversation with D telling us about how your veins get squashed when you lie in a funny position and so it feels strange when you wake up and you can't use your hand or leg or whatever properly for a bit. Was nice to see S back to her normal self.
Other than that F has been playing Star Wars Lego on her DS and today did a bit of writing of names and initials. Just done a bit of her current story with her - I am finding it quite hard going as it involves transcribing a lot of noises made by a dragon pretending to be a baby.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I can well imagine that being hard going! Well done you for being patient with it, I'd be useless. Looking forward to seeing you all again next week!
Did I say I was patient? LOL
Yes looking forward to it too
well you did it to such an extent you could blog about it so I assumed it must have required some patience ;o) rofl
Erm, patience frequently alternating with sulking, sighing and general signs of weariness?
F was on good form, I thought. She's doing good stuff with that little car thingy - managing it up the steps and slopes and controlling the descent. I like it that a sloping path and a muddy hole are such popular features with the kids!
I felt quite honoured that F was sharing her story making with us. Spending time with the kids at MMs, and getting to know them better, is really important to me.
that sounds more like it!
I also moaned when the squishy sofas disappeared lol.
just have to correct something you put in that post...by saying we were "invited" to the party you are implying that we had some kind of choice in the matter rofl, looking forward to next weeks party!
LOL Liza that's why I put that bit in inverted commas!
Allie - yeah she was on good form and thanks for saying that about the story and about MMs in general.
Unfortunately F has now sprained her ankle (last night) and so not so much partying for her for a while!
ouch! hope the ankle doesnt hurt too much. how did she manage to do that?
Post a Comment