Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hopalong Report

She's managed 4 days without landing on it, so it's really healing well now. I've checked it and there's full range of movement and no pain with moving it so should be OK this time next week I hope.
We finished the first chapter of Shaun the Sheep (Little Sheep of Horrors episode as told mainly through the eyes of the baby lamb and with the odd embellishment/interpretation), and started the next one (Circus episode). Because I wasn't available at some point and she wanted to continue, she wrote a little bit herself, asking me for spellings, sounding out the odd word with help. This is what she wrote: ...until I bumped into a dog. 'You can't go to the circus' said the dog.
Very cool!
My mum came yesterday and continued Shaun the Sheep chapter 2, also played Leapster with F and watched Alice in Wonderland, while I got some work done - seem to have quite a lot again.
So she's still hopping and crawling, but I've noticed she's occasionally trying the foot a bit, with a bit of pressure/weight on it. Last night she slept through for the first time in a week, which was much appreciated by my fuzzy head.
Not much else to report, really, except that I had to explain both 'evolution' and 'sarcasm' within a 10-minute period today and didn't do very well at both, so expect a rerun sometime.
Been listening to/watching a lot of old favourite songs on YouTube while working, and singing along sometimes, which has been enjoyable.

2 comments:

a said...

LOL, well, whether you're being sarky there or not, I do tend to go more for deadpan irony but it's a bit wasted on a 5-yr old I find.
I'm loving the storytelling that we've had going on here over the last couple of months. With all the houseboundiness, at least one good thing has come out of it and it's stopped us going stir crazy a few times I suspect.

Unknown said...

been missing you lots and wish you'd been singing with us instead of youtube :( Glad foot is improving and hope to see you both soon xx