And how nice it is to have some GUAG again.
On Monday of this week I still felt wiped out whenever I did any small thing like loading the dishwasher or making breakfast. But just a couple of days later I had the energy back to do such wonderful things as hoovering, taking bin bags out, shifting F's bed around to find missing items under it and cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom. That was a sod of a virus we had, first it knocked you out for 3 days of mainly sleeping with aches and pains, then came the cough and sneezing and sniffling but along with it, stiffness and no energy whatsoever.
Anyway, what have we been up to?
We finished the very long story about Barbie, horses, a My Little Pony, cow, rabbit, sugarbaby and Bratz girl. I will type it up sometime on here.
Another shorter story has been completed, which was basically an episode of Little Bill written in her own style.
And another story started, about various My Little Ponies and Spike the dragon. This one seems to me to have more original pure F input in it, so hopefully she's getting more confident in the creative side of writing.
I did a lot of work in the early part of last week, some of which was really hard, but I was able to charge a higher price for, so well worth it, and could lead to quite an interesting set of documents coming my way too.
By Friday I was well enough to have visitors so the MonsterTeenies came over for the first time in absolutely ages. It was great to feel human again and to have the house in a fit state for guests. It was a shame that S was not feeling well, so couldn't manage to play or enjoy anything for very long. She ended up on N's lap looking unusually toddlerish and very relieved just to be able to collapse and let go, having fought it for a while. D and F played a game of Labyrinth (highly recommended) with a bit of micro-management from me at times. Shaun the Sheep was watched, Pringles were disintegrated and dispersed (maybe they would do for a cheap bamboo substitute, Nic?), Xbox 360 Marble Blast was played (J came home to work but couldn't get his connection going so was helping D a bit too). F behaved pretty well, showed N her story and once she knew S was not well, offered various things to help her feel better.
Yesterday F went to drama in the morning for the first time in 4 weeks, and also the last time. There is no point her going for the rest of the term as they are rehearsing another show and she has missed such a lot that I'd rather she didn't have the pressure of trying to catch up. I just made the decision on the spot, partly because she has had a couple of wobbly sessions in drama lately anyway, although one was due to imminent chicken pox - she does tend to want everything to stop so that she can say something that is very important to her but not really vital to a group of people trying to prepare for a show. Allie the teacher is really good at dealing with this but there's a limit, and with a show now coming up in a few weeks time, it seems better not to push it for all concerned. Also because of moving to Polegate at some point (start looking at houses next weekend) there is no benefit in keeping the continuity going. We will be looking for new groups when we move, most likely in Eastbourne I imagine.
After drama we came home for an hour or so before all heading out to Brighton on a shopping trip. The purpose of the trip was to get eye tests for me and J (we will take F for one there soon too, they didn't have enough appointments today), but that didn't stop us shopping till we dropped before ending up at the opticians.
We bought clothes (2 tops, leggings, skirt for me and pants, socks for J and for me), books (crime pageturners and sci-fi), a DS game (Lego Star Wars) and a few other items.
J hadn't had an eye test for a few years and my last one was over 5 years ago. My glasses are about 10 years old and not comfortable for long periods of wear, but I use contact lenses a lot of the time. I wasn't sure that Vison Express would be able to deal with my prescription but it turned out that they could and I was able to order a pair of glasses - I chose bright purple frames! I have to wait 2 weeks at least for mine, but J's new ones were created on the spot in one hour. How very modern. When will they invent digital clothing 3D printing shops that print clothes out for you on the spot?
F behaved very well for the long trudge round the shops and at the opticians, she was very interested in the whole process. The staff were so nice and really went to so much trouble, getting F a hot chocolate, chatting, listening, looking for special frames when I couldn't find exactly what I wanted on display. I was very impressed.
Apart from that, not been doing much, been online a lot with mates after big schism and that has been lovely.
This week coming up we should be going to MMs for first time in about 4 or 5 weeks, which we're looking forward to. Fairly planless for most of week though, which I'm also looking forward to. And EOTAS woman visiting on Friday!
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay, you bought pants! :D
F was great with S, shame it wasn't appreciated by S really but it was indeed noted. Opticians sounds very good. Did you get any Lush?
PMSL at Pringles as bamboo - certainly would make a good layer when crushed to powder but could probably do with some sort of bonding material trodden in, erm, I'd suggest egg but it's not vegan so some sort of glue product is probably your best bet - flour and water?
LOL yeah! Pants!
Didn't get as far as Lush but did get to Body Shop and notched up enough fragrant consumption to be given a freebie deal of some little bits in a little zip-up bag.
OK flour and water it is then! I will start in a discreet corner as you suggested.
Hope S is feeling better now.
Glad to hear you're all better! Looking forward to seeing you at MMs.
Post a Comment