That was such a fast week - can't believe it really.
Today we have sorted the bedroom out a bit, got our bed up, having slept on mattress on the floor for a week. Sorted out more clothes, the hanging rail and most of bedroom furniture and 'stuff'.
Washing machine got mended by a very efficient and non-chatty Hotpoint man. So the backlog of washing can now be processed. Found pegs to hang washing up. Getting there, slowly.
I think I understand how to work the heating now and the hot water, so backlog of bathing can also be processed LOL!
Last night I went to bed early, very anxious about my laptop which is having more power supply/battery issues and had just shutdown and refused to start up again. When I got up this morning, J had managed to get it working again, so I've transferred all my 'must-have' data to the server and honestly don't trust the thing an inch. I have work to do on it too, after my week off for moving.
So I am going to have to buy a new laptop - this one has been great apart from the many times that power problems have come up, some of which have involved me having to spend extra money to get things fixed quickly in order to continue work. Am going to go for a Dell, due to the service options they offer, general reliability, etc. Will attempt to get it on finance, probably tomorrow online.
Yesterday, I took F to Little Ninjas again, where she worked really hard - the children in that group (about 20 of them) all concentrate really hard, the guy taking it engages them very well. Katya and Ria were there too - noticed how Ria is such a character, totally unafraid of standing out - they were asked to run up to a line, do 10 star jumps then run back - she was one of the very few who did 10 jumps rather than running back to avoid being last. I felt sorry for her on the way back afterwards as her little sister was with us and tried to monopolize F, which was a real shame after F and R had had such fun last week on the way home. B really stirred it and I felt very sorry for poor R. Then there was another hoo-ha about R's birthday and when/if she was having a party.
Not much else, we're still a bit knackered to be honest, moving is hard work! Really worth it though, very much liking our house so far.
Friday, October 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hope you get laptop sorted. Sounds like you've made up your mind already but if you want a recommendation we use Ergo and they're great.
Little Ninjas sounds good.
Thanks Allie, will check them out anyway for future reference.
Moving is such hard work and seems to go on way longer that just the actual move. It always surprises me when we've been somewhere six months because I'm only just starting to feel 'at home'. It must be so wonderful though to be buying it and know that no-one is going to try and kick you out after six months.
It does feel good, better than I would have thought. I hadn't realized how much I'd got used to the idea that you live in other people's houses and live with that possibility of them suddenly deciding to end that or to come round and do various things without really consulting you, etc.
This feels kind of private and safer, somehow more free.
Post a Comment