Still lots of boxes here, but nice to be sleeping off the floor, have a working washing machine, got the heating under control, etc.
J has gone back to work today, that week and a bit flew by.
Can't remember much about the weekend except yesterday F and I met up with S and C over the road to go to the park.
F and C had spotted each other while we were moving, and discovered that they are only a month apart in age and have similar interests in ponies and other stuff. J and I were a bit concerned as it seemed as if C was encouraged to cross the road on her own and come over without really asking her mum, S. Our main worry was that F would do the same, and would be over at C's house without us having met C's parents properly, etc.
But now we've had a proper playdate (jeez how Miss Manners 'correct' do I sound?!), I feel really reassured, having been over there and met them all (including the very new baby). The first couple of times I met S I really wasn't sure, but fortunately yesterday we got on fine. As ever, a sense of humour goes a long way in those kinds of encounters, however different you are.
So the upshot is that F has a friend just over the road and we're seeing them at ours on Wednesday after C finishes school. I think F is expecting to be 'best friends' and I'm not sure how her more unrealistic expectations are going to go, but we'll deal with that as it happens.
Laptop is still dying - well, laptop itself is fine but the power supply and battery issues are getting worse and more frequent.
Can't think of anything else... working now.
Monday, October 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment