We've been putting together glow-in-the-dark skeletons, then making them dance in the dark and discuss the bits of themselves that fell off due to poor quality moulding. Highly recommended.
Also been to the park (took a picnic today, which was really enjoyable) and been out for several shortish walks. It's so beautiful here at the moment - the October light is extraordinarily good for picking out scatters of colour in the trees. Fantastic contrasts in leaf colour just in the walk through the park. Tis lovely.
Grandma Joy came today, that was nice.
We now have a dish drying rack - hoorah! No more intricately engineerial piling of various crockery items to support each other mutually in pro-drainage arrangements.
I worked till 6 this morning, got 3 hours sleep, so a bit whooshy right now. Going to sleep well tonight.
What else?
Monday group - F has discovered the charity shop in close proximity so a visit was made and £1.50 spent on a Barbie car. She spent most of the time playing in the corridor or outside I think. I had one of those weird sessions where I felt very aware of hardly having done anything to contribute - didn't make any tea, didn't wash up, wandered around outside a bit, keeping eye on kids a few times, put 2 tables away and that was it really. Made an arrangement with C (who lives nearby) to go to a local family event on Thursday.
F has done occasional reading of signs when out walking, including today when she managed to read 'Please do not climb on the tree' very quickly, after one initial 'I can't do this!' and a hesitant go at 'Please' as 'Play'.
She has got an idea for a spooky cave 'spookarama' box which we are going to make at the weekend I think.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I think your table tidying contribution should not be belittled. Frankly putting away tables is a key and vital role. Think of the health and safety implications of tables scattered everywhere. Or worse, not put away *properly* with only one set of legs folded in and the other sticking out. Tables can be a minefield, I wouldn't touch them myself so three cheers for you for table putawayage.
Oh and well done on the dish drainer. But I imagine you will need to increase risks somewhere else in your life to keep your levels of fight or flight hormones in check properly otherwise you could find yourself needing to cross roads without looking, not wearing your seatbelt properly or eating food that may contain traces of dead animals without checking the packaging first. Let's not forget you also are living dangerously with the whole not having the colour changing fish on a bathmat any more either.
I suggest measures such as removing all labels from your tinned goods when thay arrive on the shopping delivery, keeping toothpaste and hair removal cream tubes in the same place in the bathroom - oh and not getting railings put up on those steps too. That should even things out.
Have you been playing with Ady's course materials.
(oh that sounds like some kind of euphemism - must be the course/coarse thing!)
I am OK then because it doesn't look like there will be railings on those steps any time soon.
Hair removal creams?! Trying to tell me something?
*sits straight on sofa with seatbelt on properly, just in case Nic emergency-stops the living room*
I don't know how you could even consider using a plate rack. Surely the best part of doing the dishes, is watching the person that tries to put them away without upsetting the perfect zen balance of pile.
And what does Nic know about tables?!?! She doesn't even have one. I'd say after that stern health and safety talk she is just jealous, that table phobia of hers must really get her down sometimes.
lol at nics table issues.
hope you caught up on some sleep a, and well done f on the sign reading!
and as you feel like you didnt contribute enough - i suggest to ease your feelings of guilt you make lots of tea and do all the washing up at next session :wink:
ps the previous deleted comment was from me but i'm very silly and put names rather than letters so had to delete and re-do.
see ya monday xxxx
pps Andrew is looking forward to your spooky story and says he hopes it is as good as your drama sessions!
Ah the way of the dish pile - I have clearly missed the deeper meditative opportunities that it can inspire.
Oh well! *chucks dish in general direction of rack*
Liza - I will do tons next session, promise! Spooky story hasn't got more than two contributors at the moment, so will have plenty of time for washing up!
Oh, Leo is meaning to send something spooky in the story line. I'll prod him. Or is it too late?
Post a Comment