Have worked too hard too much this month and can really feel it. Did my October invoices today and they showed the results. My highest-earning month ever! Well, I wouldn't be able to do that much work too often but it's good to be able to. And I have a break next week after all. Today's invoices should be paid in time for Xmas, so that's good to look forward to.
We are tightening our belts nevertheless as we need to right now. Just did a slightly more frugal grocery shop than usual online, easing myself into it.
Tonight, we went Trick-or-Treating with M from over the road and her 3-yr olds, T and S. It was good. We only went to the houses of people we knew, and houses where there were pumpkins or signs of Halloweeny welcome around. F wore her moon and stars pyjamas again! With a fleece over the top, a witch's hat and a string of Halloween lights around her shoulders! She loved it. We all came back with a fine haul. Oh yes, F dressed Dozy Mog up as a ghost, complete with a little mask that J helped her to make.
We had a lot of Trick-or-Treaters visiting here too. F's pumpkin from Monday group was lit and put outside (it has started to smell, so I gave it some incense sticks for company) and F's lights were hung from the curtain pole and I put one of the glow-in-the-dark skeletons in the sweet bowl too.
All Halloweened out now, though F might be going to a final party on Saturday I think.
Other than that today:
F played in the garden, played DS, played with the ponies, watched Bridge to Teribithia one and a half times, played Extreme Barbies (as mentioned in Bridge to Teribithia - not the toilet flushing bit though), did a tiny bit of sewing, came out to local shop with me, watched The Little Mermaid I and II. Can't remember the details enough, because of being tired.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well done for all the work.
LOL see those look like 6 simple words, but having just read Alfie Kohn I'm still thinking about them hours after reading them.
Do I 'like' your praise?
Do I 'need' your praise?
Do I have other intrinsic motivation?
...
...
...
Good job I haven't actually got time to sit down and analyse my appreciation of your comment to death, and I will just say thank you instead.
Tee hee! I promise never to praise you again...
Oh, and thanks to you I've investigated online Scrabble. I thought D would explode when she saw me playing, as we have one or two other things that need doing before the builders arrive!
Oh no I love the praise me, I'm a hopeless case.
Funnily enough it was your P who first alerted me to the potential controversy surrounding praise - will tell you properly at MMs some time.
And fancy playing scrabble when you should be doing something else, that's terrible.
(does it much too much)
www.scrabulous.com
Post a Comment