Christmas Eve:
I woke up feeling rough - the lurgy had definitely arrived and F had it too. Luckily there was very little left to be done. F and I made J a card each while he was in the bath, so the carpet got nicely glittered and I think there were a couple of prezzies remaining to be wrapped and that was all really, apart from a quick pop to local shop for Pringles, curry for that night, nice juice and a couple of other bits. Definitely didn't feel right, just the walk to the shop and back made me knacked and grumpty and humbuggered. F was also not at her best, with strops brewing far too frequently. Despite this, we did manage to enjoy most of the day, think we must have watched a few things - Shrek the Halls? Was that on Xmas Eve? And J and I watched a Fantastic Four film in the evening. Curry was delicious, just the thing for my lurgy. F had more picky bits, as I suddenly realized we hadn't got any frozen pizzas left for her.
Popped her to bed lateish and she was still awake at midnight when I went up - I read my book in bed for a bit and dropped off, then was woken by J saying F had finally fallen asleep, so we grabbed her tights and headed back down to put odd shaped things in them. I was feeling decidedly groggy so only vaguely remember that.
Christmas Day:
F woke me at 5ish to say that her tights had things in and she had tried to stay awake to see us coming in and she wanted to know which of us had done it and did we dress up - she was very glad to hear that we didn't dress up! I told her that we had both done it but had taken the tights away and then brought them back - she hadn't thought of that. She's never had a problem with waiting for prezzies, luckily, so I gave her a cuddle and said to her to try and get some more sleep and then in the proper morning to bring her tights into us and we could look at everything in our room.
Went back to bed and we all woke about 10ish, J and I got a cuppa and brought it back to bed and F then started going through the tights. I was a bit sad not to have remembered the satsuma this year - put it down to the lurgy - mind you, don't think F was bothered! She had a chocolate Father Christmas though. A nightie, socks, gloves, Cyberman toothbrush, flashing Princess badge, various other items were all well received.
After that it was time to come down and start the day - I was feeling a bit rough again, but J mixed us each a Bloody Mary fairly early on and I soon felt quite revived and festive. F started opening prezzies - I had thought she might be quite relentless this year in opening them, but she still mainly did pause to look properly at them, play with some for ages, which was nice. However, she did have a bout of brattage at some point early on in the process, which was hard to deal with. Had to have a quiet talk with her up in her room - similar thing happened today too, she does have the lurgy and is going through a fairly stroppy phase too, so I'm hoping things will improve, especially with some plans I have for next year. Anyway, at least the strop happened fairly early in the day and we all then got on fine and had a good day. I really didn't feel well enough to enjoy eating proper Xmas dinner so we decided to postpone that till Boxing Day and just eat spicy noodles with mushrooms and miso! F had more picky bits, but didn't have much of an appetite anyway. F encouraged us both to open our prezzies and was interested in what we got. I got a good few books and a silver DS with SimCity and Sims 2. F got a laptop from us - she was absolutely stunned as she had had no idea. She actually stopped still without moving for about 3 seconds - the equivalent of 'speechless' for her. She got loads of craft stuff and kits, which will be great to do together over the next few weeks, the Simpsons XBox game, and a Barbie DVD, which I watched with her as we coughed and sniffed together companionably at the end of the day in the big bed. She also got Baby Annabel and has played a lot with her. J's best prezzie was a guitar, from F and me, which he has already played quite a bit, learning from scratch, though he used to have a bass a long time ago. He also got a couple of PC games and a book. We got shiny pans from his dad too, which are rather good.
Boxing Day:
Today we have had a more Christmassy time as both F and I felt a good deal better. I have been singing the Blackadder theme tune which is always a sign that I'm feeling festive. J's mum came in the afternoon as it is her birthday - F threw a couple of brattish strops which weren't nice. I prescribed a bath and gave her some of my lavender and tea tree bath foam, she seemed mostly improved by that, though still with a few unpleasant moments. J made a really good nut roast and I did far too many roast potatoes and parsnips so that we will have to snack on them cold with mustard/houmous/beetroot for the next few days. Sprouts and edamame with lime and pesto were delicious with it. I was well enough to fancy a glass of wine, so that helped.
We watched the first Harry Potter film just now - awwww they all so young and little! F was very much opposed to watching the Harry Potter films for some reason (a bit inconvenient as J has bought a box set of 5 specifically with the thought that we could all watch them through the holiday period and we were both looking forward to it!), but she then got into it so I'm hoping she'll want to watch the others.
Definitely over the worst of this bug now, but still a bit sniffly and coughy, so off to have a large cup of tea now.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry to hear you've been suffering too. I'm the one having strops here as I am voiceless and grumpy!
Post a Comment