F watched some films in the morning, and played a bit of XBox in the afternoon, then off to swimming. She is doing fine with her lessons, much better on her back than her front and not a swimmer yet, but getting confidence and learning a bit of technique. The teacher is well suited to her style, young and cheery and not easily fazed.
Yesterday F was trying to skip (not rope skipping, the skipping along type, quite tricky if you have a difficult side that doesn't want to do what the easy side can do) and we were talking about it, and I couldn't really see how she was going to manage it, as her right side just wouldn't do the double hop thing. Today, on the way back, from swimming, she suddenly skipped, several times! Well, there we go, kids eh!
Another thing she did (think it was yesterday actually) was to actually jump out unexpectedly and surprise me with a loud 'boo' on the way to somewhere or back from somewhere. Usually she has well-worn routines for these things and I will play surprised if I'm in the mood, but she did it somewhere unexpected and slightly creepy! She was very excited to have actually surprised me.
Other things: she asked me what letters make the 'ch' sound and when I told her, she made an 'I thought it was those' kind of noise. We played a bit more Nintendogs in Bark Mode. There was other stuff but I can't remember it now. Tomorrow we have a birthday celebration to attend in Brighton, a bit of shopping and Little Ninjas.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is all this blogging a New Years Resolution??
Meant to leave a message to say how much I enjoyed your train missing episode!
Well we're on our new routine and stuff, so sort of.
Last year was All. About. The. House - it actually wasn't when I looked back, we did loads, but it really felt like it was. This year we're back into proper life again. And it feels good.
Post a Comment