Tuesday, February 05, 2008

F did more dressing up of paper doll princesses with fiddly tab clothes and more jigsaw. She watched a mixture of old and new Dr Who episodes in the morning. At some point Dozy Mog seemed to be having a birthday - I went to the loo and found him sitting on the toilet lid, adorned with a towel, surrounded by balloons, clutching a piece of paper, decorated with hair conditioner and bearing the single written word 'BUM' on it. Jeez that cat can party.
Delilah the cat from 3 doors down popped in (to say Happy Birthday and party hard I guess) and F did a bit of helping with jobs for 20p. I did stuff I shouldn't really do on my 'working day', such as hoovering (then later tramped around in my wellies and undid that), washing up (broke a bowl - 2nd one this week), hanging washing up and putting next wash on (forgot key items).

In the afternoon my mum came and had to engage with the paper dolls and their outfits too. Then she and F went upstairs where F got horribly shouty and unpleasant with her - she did say sorry later, thank goodness. At the end of the afternoon we all went into town to go to the library and to see mum off on the train. The main reason for going to the library was to see if F's friend she made last week, E, was there - E had shouted out as we left 'when will you next be at the library?' and we had called back 'Tuesday!' - but she wasn't. However, we didn't get too gloomy about it and focused on seeing grandma off on the train and waving instead, which was nice - F called out an extra 'I do love you!' and 'I'm sorry grandma!'. Mum had had a terrible journey on the way over, so I hope it was better going back.

Then F and I wandered back in the rain playing 'soggy coat monster' (I think they could be the nemesis of the Invasion of the Hi-Vises) and finding sticks and noticing stuff. I decided to get curry for dinner from local shop and also got flour and lemon juice for planned pancakery (Pancake Day is not just for the egg-dependent you know!). So oven is on, batter is in fridge and I have got a little bit of work for tomorrow but not too much.
Oh yes, she's been taking care of a sunflower seed shoot that she planted at grandma's and grandma brought over to us - she's very interested in it and looking forward to helping it grow.

4 comments:

Beyondmywildest. said...

Good to see the writing coming along. Maybe it was short for something like Birthday Under Management or something like that, lol.

I do have to confess to having once tried to tempt Ms R to read by using words such as bum, poo etc. Not sure what sort of long term damage that might do to her.

Beyondmywildest. said...

Judging by Master Rs current obsessions I think he's entrance into the reading world will possibly be via p or n.

a said...

LOL I think bum and poo make for an excellent reading scheme! Not sure what Master R's 'n' is though?

Beyondmywildest. said...

Lol @ a.

I meant...pawn. I wasn't sure if it would cause this blog to show up on unsavoury google searches or alert the government or something.