Today
I finished working in the morning and sent of my April invoice - not a great month but OK. F didn't appear for breakfast till 11:30. She had woken up at 10 and played in her room. She watched Bee Movie and had some cereal, then had a quick bounce outside before our local home-ed friend, A, came to pick us up along with our lego track, which we were passing on to her youngest, H.
We had a nice afternoon at hers. F and T (11) played with toy animals in T's room for a while, and later played on the computer. A and I had a good old chat and a couple of cups of tea. We get on well, laugh quite a lot. Had some amazing slices of her life story today.
Wednesday
I had to do quite a bit of work during the day, which I did, whilst F did bouncing, kitten-playing, Pixel Chixing and Bright FMing. Think she watched Barbie: Rapunzel (don't wince, you at the back, it's got classical music in and everything). Then at 3pm, C and E from up the hill came down and whisked her away, along with her rucksack, which she had decided to pack earlier - with DS, My Little Pony and a few other important items for her afternoon of independent visiting. I then had 2 and a bit hours of HomeAloneiness, so I spent 15 minutes telling people online that I was home alone and discussing what I should do, then did a good 30 mins of Wii Fit, finished making some veggie soup and ate some with crumpets, to see me through the imminent Woodcraft Folk session.
Walked up the hill and then with C and all to their allotment for the session. C's partner K had prepared really well - there were individual plots divided up ready for the kids to plant seeds and some young plants. She gave out some information and F sat down and read that very concentratingly for quite a while, whilst we were waiting for everyone to arrive. There were about a dozen kids and K did a very good session - all seemed very engaged and enjoying the session in their own different ways. F refused any help from me and wanted to do it all herself.
They planted carrots, spring onions, lettuce, beetroot and radishes.
Tuesday
My mum came and seemed to be at F's beck and call all afternoon. Mum brought a Ladybird book of The Princess and the Frog, which F read to her very nicely. She also gave F some window stickers which they put up on F's bedroom window - they look lovely and colourful.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment