We've been on 2 NicTrips this week - to the British Wildlife Centre and to Paradise Park. Had a lovely time, some photos are on Flickr.
J came with us to the Wildlife Centre as it was a Monday, which was great. We saw foxes, wildcats, several different species of deer and we were able to stroke a barn owl and a hedgehog, and get close to rats, moles, harvest mice and polecats. The group we were in was a nice size and the children were mostly very engaged by the woman that showed us round and talked about the different animals. F really enjoyed the day. We were lucky with the weather too and had a nice outdoor lunch - I had made some pastry things the night before - they were meant to be pasties, but they opened out whilst cooking and looked a bit vaginal.
I do have to remind myself though, not to travel at peak time on the trains - OMG the cost! And I'm not a person who even notices prices half the time. I hate advance booking but if we ever have to travel at peak time again, I'll just have to bite that bullet, if it makes a difference, or arrange something else.
Paradise Park the next day was also good, but F got very waily in the latter part of the day - it was hot and she hadn't really drunk enough I think. She wanted to eat our packed lunch somewhere near the water, but the others were having theirs near the play area. So we had ours separately in the end and it was nice there actually. A bit later she had another meltdown, but it was nearly time to go anyway, probably for the best! I think she had taken exception to people running off in different directions when we were meant to be following the black trail, maybe because I've shouted at her many a time there for running off and disappearing too far away.
It was nice to go round the beginning bit of Paradise Park now that F can read, as she took much more interest in it. She and C went around together some of the way, pressing buttons and admiring geodes and being earthquaked. Later on, A showed F how to do the Crazy Golf and she really enjoyed that too.
A good couple of trips out and today and tomorrow we're at home, before a weekend away with my mum.
F listened to my heart earlier today as I was waking up and she reported back that she could hear 'the secret sounds of the forest, with butterflies' wings flapping, dewdrops falling and ants legs moving as they walk'.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Blimey, I am stupid sometimes. Haven't been over here to your blog since I got my new netbook and didn't add all my bookmarks (out of laziness). And so whenever I have seen you comment elsewhere, I've wondered to myself why I don't know what you've been up to. And then I just saw F's haircut on the Manor Born blog and realised that I haven't read here for ages.
So, I like F's new hair very much :)
Thanks for that!
I've just realised that's why I haven't been here for ages - I did a blogroll and forgot to add you. You're on there now. :-)
Just love her comment about listening to your heartbeat.
lovely to see you all again. Wouldn't mind a recipe for those pasties if you don't mind sharing?
Hi Michelle! Thanks for letting me stalk you on Flickr.
Kirsty - will send what I can remember of recipe for (vaginal) pasties by e-mail.
Post a Comment