Tuesday, February 08, 2011

A visit from the Wondering Wanderers

Today we had N, D and S over. I found myself thinking how at one stage we used to get together 2 or 3 times a month! Then it got to a point where the kids never quite gelled and we saw much less of each other, but N and I have remained good friends and we still do catch up just often enough. Today was almost like 'the old days' in that the children all played happily with very little adult input required and N and I had plenty of tea-drinking and chatting time. Also I was nostalgic, thinking about when we first got to know them, as I'm aware that they might not settle back in Sussex after their travels.
Also the sun shone like Spring (revealing vast swathes of cobweb and all sorts of other horrors, but who cares?). And I had finally washed all the sofa cushion covers and got them back on just before N and co arrived.
So all very good, and we talked about all sorts really - obviously N's upcoming big adventure - see here if you aren't familiar with this or need a reminder. And life and parents and cats and stuff.
It was all in all lovely.
The children played in F's room for a while, then D and F played some LittleBigPlanet whilst S mainly played Nintendogs and showed me occasional dogs and accessories in a companionable manner. Later, all 3 played LBP and then Kinectimals.

After they'd gone, F and I looked at some English stuff she's been doing (collective nouns, a creative writing prompt and some stuff about sentence structure) and talked a bit about what we might do over the rest of the week - we both fancy doing some art and playing on the Wii amongst other things. 

She's also been playing some DS games lately that she didn't get into so much when she originally got them: Scribblenauts is one I think and Spore Creatures. And she's been out on her scooter and I think she was reading one of the Michael Morpurgo's she got, but not sure if she got into that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for lovely day. Luff you x

a said...

Thanks and luff you too x

Michelle said...

Aw. Luffly you two are. Xx