F hadn't slept well, reading too much and thinking about death, hers and other people's. She was awake early but didn't come down till gone 10. When she came down she had a big breakfast and watched some Simpsons episodes. Eventually the day got going and the main thing we did was to go out on a short local walk for a couple more geocaches. The first one we did was near J's work and when I looked at the details I saw that the last person to find it was a Druid drummer guy that works with J. He had found it whilst 'popping out for a pork pie'.
We took a while to find it, but got there in the end. Am really enjoying geocaching, haven't started properly logging yet though, so must do that next time. Didn't even have a pen with me this time, how rubbish!
Chatted about the gravestones in the church yard, the different styles and sizes.
F had brought her scooter, which was a bit of a liability on some parts of the walk really.
We looked for a second one but then realized it was part of a multi puzzle one and quite tricky so we abandoned the idea. Did generate chat about what the Greenwich Meridian is though. Then whilst we were walking back via a slight diversion, we went past a school and it was the end of the school day, so we paused to look over the wall, down at all the busy bustle of children streaming out down below. F soon spotted 3 children that live in our street, 2 of whom have made life difficult for her on previous occasions. We watched them milling about in their uniforms for a little while. Then bumped into K, who we used to see more, as she was on her way to pick up her daughters.
On the way back we sat on the benches at the top of one of the roads near the park. I offered F the mission of going down to the shop on her own - only just out of sight, not far - with some money to get some Sherbet Dip Dabs for me and J and another Sackboy figure for herself. She accepted and trotted off and returned with the items and the change within a reasonable time, so that was all quite grown-up.
On the way back we saw home-ed K with a whole bunch of children, not sure where they had been, but stopped for a quick chat.
Back home, I made F a Cocoaloco hot chocolate and I did some Kinect Fitness stuff, which felt good. Then we watched half of a film, stopped it to resume at bedtime, and I did some washing up.
Whilst we were watching the film I said I thought we'd have had good palula scores for today, but she had forgotten what they were, despite having invented them herself over a year ago. We would though.
It's nice spending time around where we live - yesterday when we were out, I bumped into 3 people I knew on the way into town, then today there was a lot more of that 'small world' stuff too. Our town does feel small enough to be a community, we have ties with various people, shared experiences. Of course not all good, as with the 2 kids who have been horrible to F a few times. But mostly a positive thing.
1 comment:
I have a real liking for your town as I get older. It's a Proper Place with Real History and it's own weird atmosphere.
Post a Comment