Friday, February 11, 2011

Water Theme Art Day

As planned, we spent the whole afternoon doing art on the theme of water. First we both did an oil painting of a wave, which was very enjoyable. Then we did several watercolours each, drawing ideas from our observations yesterday and talking about what we were doing, chattily. F did a sunset on sea, a splash and a raindrops picture. I did a sunset by river with little buildings that ended up looking like the creepy stones in Marianne Dreams and an interference wave pattern inspired thing.
Then we put Finding Nemo on again (!) and whilst half watching, we cut pictures out of magazines to make a collage on the same theme. Lots of talking about water, light on water, refracted light, etc.

Blurry pictures taken on my phone are here.


We're really enjoying our new system or format or whatever you want to call it. Tomorrow will be water from science/factual point of view. Then next time we have enough time (not next week) we will do Earth, so are already thinking of ideas for that.

I scored a big contract on Wednesday, which will keep me very busy over next couple of weeks I think. The work I had this week meant an all-nighter last night. Went to bed for an hour but was woken up by phone after 10 minutes.
Will sleep well tonight, helped by curry and ginger wine too.

No comments: