That was a weird short illness - just felt weary and achey and crotchety mainly. Missed a bit of work time so will have to work a bit more over next week than had planned.
But even in the midst of feeling blearghy, we covered the following:
F spotted a candle, asked me to get it down and light it, so I did, which entailed discussion of fire, flame, heat, wax, liquids, solids, transparency, brightness, melting, burning, light, heat. Initiated by her and enjoyed in a leisurely fashion by me even in my sorry state. And of course we also got to look at a pretty candle for a while, very calming.
F project managed me to make her a rubber band guitar, told me where to cut hole, what shape to cut, what to put where, experimented with different rubber bands in different positions, discussed the different sounds produced. Again, enjoyable and interesting, love it when she initiates these projects.
F did some Headsprout, finished episode 4, with a flourish of 'see the van' enthusiasm, I was sitting beside her joining in, we were shouting 'see the van' in different voices and giggling like La-Las. You had to be there I think...
So in a 24-hour period in which I was really not at my best, we still managed to have some great learning interactions, which we both enjoyed.
What else?... Oh yes, on the physio/balance/symmetry front, I asked her to bring over 2 somethings and she brought them one in each hand, holding very well. LOL, wish I could remember what the somethings were though.
Otherwise, she has played some XBox, watched Sleeping Beauty several times and I have mainly been offering activities that have mainly not been wanted, but I think it's good to keep offering them, as sometimes she remembers something I mentioned on Tuesday and decides she wants to do it on Friday.
Note to self:
when money arrives - self-laminating things, magnetic paper, stapler (! bit of a basic HE requirement probably, but we don't seem to have one), inkjet ink.
when time allows - card games, paintbox painting, DAS clay, rubbings.
Sure there's other stuff, but my head still has residual fuzziness, so it can wait.
Thursday, May 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you are feeling better :-)
Looking forward to seeing you both next week.
Yay looking forward to it too!
Ali
Post a Comment