Sunday, May 01, 2005

Catching up

Been living when I should have been blogging! Yikes!
Well, let's see, what have we been up to? Gymboree - F did excellent balancing, her physio would have been delighted to see her carefully making her way around a balancing course holding a ball in each hand. Other kids were faster but that was mainly because they didn't really care about losing balance, F did it slowly but was really trying not to fall off or drop anything. Different approach I guess. Anyway it was exactly the kind of thing her physio was recommending so thanks Gymboree.
I was really snippy and grumpy with her one day, don't know why, just one of those horrid days (later: just remembered why - it was software issue stress, crap service from a company that provides translation software, Grrrr). Felt appropriately chastised when she held up a handful of foam from her bath and drew my attention to it being made of hundreds of rainbows. Awwww. I melted. Unfortunately, less than 15 minutes later I was cross again about something. I know I was just stressed, but I couldn't seem to stop it from keeping building up. I kept apologizing to her anyway, and the next day we were fine again.
Perhaps inspired by Davies' fine drawings of 'Dozy Mog' and a toy rabbit on Monday, she's done quite a bit of drawing 'actual things' this week, i.e. representative pics.
On Thursday Katya, Ria and Belle came round again for lunch, but F wasn't exactly sociable. She's been a bit odd the last few days, there's some kind of bug doing some work, she's been really wobbly, up and down. Social situations have really not brought out the best in her, even with people she's normally happy with, this last week. Ah well.
Yesterday we had a few people over who haven't been before, in an ongoing attempt to shine up our social life again. It went really well, at least I enjoyed myself, and managed to successfully feed people and relax and have a laugh.
Today F came into our bed at some time after 8 this morning, and then we all fell asleep again until 11! Unheard of. She is clearly not herself.
Our drain was blocked so we attacked it with a variety of implements (garden cane, Marigolded hand, tent peg, trowel, pressure hose). Seemed to clear it, if only temporarily, so that was satisfying. Disgusting pong though. Neighbour was very helpful, hope he didn't think we were too crap for having let it get blocked. We're a bit clueless with house maintenance stuff.
I completed one large job and have another all lined up for mid-May deadline, so very pleased.
Things ahead: in 2 weeks, going to a wedding which involves F staying at home with grandma for longer than a few hours for the first time. This week, having friends over for DVD and dinner. Work. Gymboree, visit to Katya's, visit to Nic's (or her coming here again). I feel quite busy. I'm happy, too. Though a bit worried about how wobbly F has been. But will see how this illness pans out over next day or two I guess.

No comments: