One of those blogs where we haven't done much but I will blog anyway. Weekend was relaxing and we barely did anything. I had a bit of work to do, mainly on Saturday and we did a short walk just to local shop. The rest of the time went on X-Box, telly, puter, drawing and imaginary friends, I think.
Have contacted a lady who does yoga with children with special needs and without special need (so that would just be 'with needs' then, as children do tend to have them). She will come and do a free session with F on Thursday, with the aim of helping with posture and balance. A knock-on effect on concentration would be nice too! Then we may continue if F likes it.
This week is one without many of our usual social things going on, so we might add some other things in. I have a workload but it is a reasonable one, so it feels like a nice spacious week on the whole.
F is playing Shrek 2 on the X-Box and has just commented that Donkey is making a letter M by the way he is jumping. I love how children will find 'education' in the apparently uneducational, given their own lead on things and where they haven't been given the idea that reading/writing/maths is 'work' or 'dull'. On the flip side, they will cheerfully turn the most 'educational' of toys/games into something less so, e.g. my friends 6-yr old decided to use scrabble tiles more like tiddlywinks. They have a lovely natural ability to subvert things in this way. It can be very annoying, but I do think it's healthy and some of the best fun I've had with F is when I've let myself go with it to see where the game goes.
Monday, February 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I so agree about how wonderful it would have been to have a glimpse of the future, would have been able to enjoy that first 6 months a lot more, or even the first year, I guess. Still, we're here now, aren't we, and it's good!
I'll let you know if yoga helps F with pronunciation - we have 't's and 'k's entirely interchangeable here, also 'd's and 'g's are the same, and as for 's', 'sh', 'f' and 'th'! Hmmmmm we'll see.
Post a Comment