Sunday, February 12, 2006

Moving hedges

Forgot to mention the highlight of yesterday's walk as far as F was concerned was that she and Jack played at being camouflaged by tiny pieces of branch that they held in front of their faces and stood still with as J and I went past them. She loved the joke so much that she insisted on doing it about a dozen times I think. We got a bit fed up of our role of calling out 'F!' 'Jack!' 'Where can they be?' and 'I don't remember that hedge being there...' etc. quite quickly, but she would have played it all day and Jack was being an indulgent mad uncle so went along with it most of the time. Then she decided she could be a moving hedge and so continued the rest of the walk holding her tiny twig in front of her and encouraging us to think of F at home playing on her own. She liked the word 'camouflage' too. The walk was great actually, and good job we did it yesterday, as it was all rainy today and yuk.
Today has been Sundayish - I actually dozed off after a bath this afternoon! Rare experience. Only for about 40 minutes.
F has played X-Box, watched Backyardigans, mooched around, jumped on things and Leapstered. She wrote some double figure numbers today, ending up with all the multiples of 10 in order on a piece of paper which is pretty cool. Most of them are the wrong way round but the thought behind it and the interest is fantastic. She's basically 'got' the idea of them.
She watched me doing my rug kit too and was fairly interested in that and talked about it a bit.
I'm kind of hoping for a light week work wise, there is so much else I'd like to have time for right now, and January was very good, so financially, I could cope with one week off, or 'work-lite'.

No comments: