Some of my recent purchases appeared today: F's new Leapster cartridge arrived, so she has been doing all sorts with that, drawing, tracing, forming letters, colouring.
3 books I had ordered arrived too - The best of Pippi Longstocking, Clever Polly and the Stupid Wolf and Winnie the Pooh. I'm very much looking forward to reading them (notice I don't even mention F - I'm just looking forward to reading them!)
The morning disappeared with a bit of houseworky stuff and intermittent small conversations with F about colour-mixing, numbers and drawing.
My mum, Grandma Joy, came at midday and during the afternoon she helped F make her Rapunzel story into a book, and F designed and made a front cover. Grandma Joy was as appreciative as I was of F's vocabulary use in the story. I know a lot of the phrases are taken directly from things she has heard/seen, but the way she remembers them and uses them in the correct way/context is great. F also did some colouring using triangular pencils, which she seemed to like. We all went out to the local shop - F had a bit of a runaround in the park on the way, and we detoured via 'pooh lane' (the bridle path at the back of our garden) too, with F playing that I wasn't really with them and was at home having a cup of tea and that the person that was with them was Grandma's imaginary friend, who ended up being called 'Not Mad', because she wasn't, apparently. Thus, much calling of 'enjoy your cup of tea at home, mummy' etc. as we passed the back garden on our way. And giggling. It was good to be out, quite fresh and not too cold today. Our hyacinth has flowered in its water jar in the conservatory and has turned out to be pink.
F is now playing with LeapPad for a bit after putting new batteries in (I talked her through using screwdriver, inserting batteries right way, etc.).
Tomorrow we have a couple of things to do in Brighton including some socializationness.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Blimey woman you've gone blogging crazy ;-)
Lovely though - keep it up while I'm away and I can look forward to something to catch up on when I get back :-)
*looks up from blogging and taking notes for blogging and concentrating on doing stuff to fill a blog on a daily basis*
OK will do
*continues*
(am trying to blog more, how nice that you noticed)
Ali
Greetings from the house of sickness! I am jealous of all your lovely bloggable activities! Sounds like F is having a lovely time atm.
Tarquin do a lovely poster of a million dots, which we had on our bathroom door for a while.
really? you're trying to blog more? how busy you must be what with all the blogging and the lentil eating ;-)
will miss you while in the tartan areas - may text you while I'm gone :-)
Hi Dani, I hope you are all better soon, thanks for that link, there's a lot of great things there, I'll definitely go back for a longer browse in a while, when funds allow again (have done a bit of spending recently...). F is happy at the moment and busy, you're right, we're in a good phase at the moment. You'll all soon be back to doing all sorts of exciting stuff, I look forward to reading your recovery!
Nic - I save time on the lentil-eating by just eating them straight out of the can, mmmmmm. Yes do text me from M, especially if you're drunk.
Ali
Ew, ew and trice ew re: lentils from the tin. Didn't actually know you could get 'em tinned, I've only encountered them dried when making pasta and pulses collages :-)
And whadaya mean about the drunken texting? That doesn't sound like me at all ;-)
Post a Comment