On Thursday I tried to set up some things on mum's PC which didn't really go that well but I did manage to install the software to go with her digital camera. Then I shot three short movies of F - I had intended just to shoot general 'F plays in garden' stuff, but F had other ideas and created a three-part narrative about a princess and a castle and a car and a prince. So now mum has three little clips on her desktop called 'The Car Princess, Parts 1, 2 and 3'!
We will have to look into what is available for F now in the 'outdoor wheeled items' department, maybe she is ready to try a bike, or skates. She definitely loves the car that she's grown out of, for sure.
We caught the bus down to town, which F enjoyed, loving buses at the moment, as she does. She got a bit cross when my mum and I actually attempted a conversation at the bus stop that was about me, rather than her! On the way to the station I bought a bigger rucksack, which is really well-designed and comfortable - F took a spare one back upstairs in the shop to the salesladies - another very grown-up thing of the type that she is recently seeming more able to do. We waved goodbye to my mum and off we went for more Train Ed - a lot of conversations about numbers of stations and times, more sheep, swans, bridges, speeds, clouds, weather, etc. F was tired (she has a snotty cold this week) but good-humoured. Arriving at home, I found my letter (written by F the day before), which was lovely - I showed F that J had already put his up on the wall. A neighbour's cat came in for a visit, which F was very thrilled by. J came home and we were all pleased to see each other and she had a leisurely late bedtime. She didn't sleep that well and needed a couple of cuddles in the small hours, finally coming into our bed at about half six I think, or maybe seven.
Friday, April 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
D's got really into his little independant forays too - sent him off to pay for a french stick the other day. Lovely to be enjoying the independance as a gradual and natural thing rather than a forced seperation isn't it. :-)
I saw that about the French loaf buying, it immediately struck a chord with me with what F is up to - very similar. Yes, little forays sums it up - it is much more natural that way.
Post a Comment