Saturday was nice enough for F to potter in the garden a lot. J spent the afternoon over at some friends 'helping' to build a PC for the teenage son there (although in fact I think he ended up doing the whole thing).
I gave F a craft kit - painting in transparent pieces of plastic that make up a mobile, not bad quality and she really was pleased with it. I had to sit on my hands to stop myself butting in and doing things like keeping the yellow unpolluted by red and other such adult concerns that she actually didn't give a poo about. Once I had got some self-control, she happily got on with it and did it exactly how she wanted to, asking for help only with how to wipe brush when she was ready. It's now hanging in her room by the window waiting for some sunshine to make it look beautiful. I've been browsing for more crafty things but am amazed by how bad some of the kits look. I think just having lots of materials (e.g. scrapstore stuff) around to stick and paint is probably the best thing still at this age, with the odd well-made 'kit' for a change. Not sure. Will probably browse more. Any recommendations in this area for nearly-5 yr olds gratefully received in Comments please! I do have my first Baker Ross catalogue heading my way, so that may be full of useful stuff.
J was back in time for Dr Who, Of Course! We all enjoyed watching in our usual duvet-protected scenario, and stayed there for Strictly Dance Fever with some food. Nice.
Saturday night I just about managed to pull 1000 words together for writing group - it was a difficult section, glad to have got it done.
Sunday, my turn to get up with F, we were all tired most of the day and it rained, so not a great one. I watched the marathon and discussed it with F. Someone was running in a wookie costume so I had to explain what that was, which led to her later watching the original Star Wars with J while I was having my bath. Other than that she did life-size drawings of her face, hands and feet and made a 'Freya' with these and some clothes on the floor. She also did some kind of complicated drawing which involved red crosses and green ticks and Shrek characters.
Today was meant to be nice but it wasn't particularly, so we managed a short walk round the back, stopping to watch the goats in horn-clashing mode, fighting over a picnic table, and a lot of pottering in the garden after watching Barbie in The Princess and the Pauper. I did lots of relaxing - there are things I could have been doing but they can wait.
Just got back from writing group tonight, arriving at home simultaneously with Chinese food, and no other fixed plans for the week, although quite a few ideas, which is lovely.
Monday, April 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment