A brief catch-up blog. Some things that F has done recently:
Made a 'winter wonderland' in the living-room, using lots of pieces of white paper, doileys, paper pattern snowflakes, a paper snowman that she made and an ice-cave made out of white material stretched over a table. Walked across the white paper talking about the snow crunching underfoot.
Built a 'palace' marble run and sent the prince and princess marbles down it, also joined another time by the king and queen marbles (actually ball bearings from the Geomags - gasp, sacrilege!), accompanied by various commentaries and story-weaving.
Romped around in the garden with water and sand, gone on the swing, on the trampoline, on the slide and on her tricycle and up and down the steps with watering can, etc.
Been to the swimming-pool for the first time - in the first 10 minutes she was predictably fearless and decided she could swim, what with having seen it on the telly and all, and found herself about a foot underwater, but already on her way back up again as I got to her, and not remotely fazed, especially when I managed to not panic at all, so we spent about an hour wandering around the toddler pool together, with her holding my arm and taking her feet off the bottom a few times but mostly just getting used to the environment, then we went upstairs to the soft play space, where she clambered around happily for a while.
Watched films: Barbie films (Nutcracker and The Princess and the Pauper mainly this week), Star Wars and Dr Who in abundance. Asked every day how many days until Dr Who is on telly again.
Talked a lot and not listened very much at all and generally been fairly difficult mixed with utterly gorgeous. A lot of striking out on her own and a lot of running back to me for a cuddle.
And I have:
Been to writing group - not many sessions left now, with a long summer break - I am still not getting enough writing done, I hope I can change that in the next month or so.
Been playing far too much late-night online scrabble with friends.
Been browsing the Baker Ross catalogue delightedly.
Been working and saying 'no' to some jobs.
Been cleaning a bit - much needed here, much more still to do.
Been talked at a lot and not listened to very much!
Been cuddled.
Tomorrow the MonsterTeenies are visiting, am glad we're currently on a Friday cycle - nice way to end the week.
Saturday we are going to visit my cuz and cuz-in-law and their chooks.
Sunday and/or Monday may involve visits from one of the working GrandPs or possibly a pub lunch with friends in Brighton. And I bumped into Katya with Ria and Belle on our way into leisure centre and arranged them coming over next Wednesday.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lol - that post took me on a right old google journey down memory lane. I decided I liked being The Monsterteenies and wanted a jingle for us. Was reminded that my Mum used to sing something about 'we are the ovalteenies' which was some old fashioned jingle from people who drank ovaltine, so googled it and found sweets called ovalteenies which reminded me of horlicks tablets which I used to ADORE, so googled them and you can't get them any more :-(
Still want a jingle though :-)
See you in an hour or so...
It was revived at some point for a nostalgic ad campaign
http://www.ovaltine.co.uk/en/article.asp?chco_id=25
http://www.ovaltine.co.uk/en/wma/Ovaltiney.wma
Nice afternoon, glad it was sunny enough for the children to go out in the garden and get grubby.
hey, that's what children do ;-)
Post a Comment