There's a similarity isn't there? Choosing your words, holding them up for examination and lining them up in the right order? 'Threads' of conversation... A linear pattern, based on ordering of a finite set of elements, in which we seek meaning or pleasure, perhaps (now I sound like a crossword clue writer, so I'll stop). Yeah whatevva.
More spottage appeared overnight and continued to increase during the day. We watched A Little Princess (Eleanor Bron version) snuggled on the sofa - F chose her favourite character in it and it was the same as my favourite character in the book - Becky. Sadly Dozy Mog didn't really 'get' the plot and chose Miss Minchin as his favourite character much to our lamentation, followed by attempts to convince him of the error of his ways.
F made a bracelet and a few pendant necklaces with beads and then she began to dictate a very long story to me - we are already up to Chapter 12 and I have had to have several rests. It is a narrative largely and shamelessly based on Barbie Horse Adventure, but also featuring characters from The Magic Roundabout and elements of other similar mythology. My favourite bit so far is the chapter ending: 'Behold! The gate opened'. I might have to publish it here, if it continues tomorrow.
Other than that, she had a very long, very deep bath with a lot of splashing, inventing various 'swim moves' which she named, having watched The Backyardigans 'rad moves' surfing episode earlier, and she had started her day by visiting me in bed with some maths conversations. She also gave Dozy Mog some blue spots so he can't feel left out.
Haven't done much myself and am knackered, having slept badly.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Please do blog the story! 'Behold! The gate opened.' What was on the other side? As I know nothing of Barbie Horse Adventure it will all be doubly thrilling for me.
Sounds like you're bearing up well in spite of spots.
Bearing up OK, hopefully nearly over the worst of it.
She has been miserable a few times poor thing.
She's through the worst of it, hoorah!
Ooooh I would watch Phonyville - bit like adult thing of Lazytown I imagine
Post a Comment