Saturday, February 17, 2007

Quick scabby update


The chicky spots look like the worst of it is over, in which case she got off lightly I reckon, as you can see above. More chapters of the very long story have been written - we are now on Chapter 18 I think. Oaty/lavender/bicarb baths, films (ooh there are some Studio Ghibli films on next week in mornings on Channel 4), story, calamine, Calpol, etc. I have been reading Charlotte's Web to F. I never read it and have only just found out that Charlotte dies, so tried to prepare subtly for a less than happy ending, but from the moment I started hinting F picked up that Charlotte was going to die and got upset about it. Eventually Winnie the Pooh saved the day.

Whilst writing the story (by hand with blue felt tip in small notebook), F has been enjoying watching me write her words and has commented that I have lovely 'Barbieish' writing. I took it as a great compliment. She then speculated that we might jointly become famous writers and everyone would be amazed that I had done all that writing by hand.In the bath she did more 'swim moves', which included 'frog move' and 'swoosh', I think. That could probably go Olympic, I reckon.

Think that's about it. J is ill with a virus, I'm not working at moment, house-hunting on hold until we're all well. Major online hoo-ha in my favourite place, but those of us who can't hide our heads in the sand and talk about what we had for lunch when people are hurt and angry will move on and find a new home easily enough.

2 comments:

Em said...

ooo starting with our favourite ghibli Kiki's Delivery Service :o) Well, it's the girls' favourite anyway.

Then Wednesday is Disney's The Brave Little Toaster?!?!?! wtf is that!

Then back to Totoro on Thursday which is my favourite Ghibli film. Awe and Laputa on Friday.

So why oh why couldn't they manage a Ghibli film on Wednesday? It's not like there aren't many others to choose from!!

Anyway, glad the pox are clearing up :o)

a said...

I thought that was odd about the Wednesday one too. I haven't seen any of the ones they're showing, so looking forward to that.