Well F and I continue to be very snotty and coldy and coughy. And it continues to make at least one of us, if not both, tetchy now and then.
However, we have been out and about a bit, which has resulted in a few wobbly wailings, but today was better.
Friday - we went and looked at a house and I have to say I really did like it. Oh the views and the feeling of peace. There are not many 'cons' against it but a few, so we need to think long and hard and have a second viewing in a few days probably. It's not actually on the Internet yet which, as Nic pointed out to me today, means it isn't really 'real' surely? Maybe I made it up.
So while we were house viewing F had a wobbly wail about something minor due to being very 'on the edge' with this cold.
On Saturday morning, I got up with her at 8am to get ready to go to drama, but after 5 mins of her being up I realized she wasn't going to get anything out of it if she went, so rang to tell them she wouldn't be coming. Instead she and I spent the morning playing 'Labyrinth' (board game) and watching a fairly silly teenage mermaid film.
Sunday - we went into Brighton for a pub lunch with some old friends which was lovely. One friend is now in her second term as a teacher and is finding that she is being prevented from doing anything creative, perceived as too risky by management side. F didn't get wobbly or waily while at the pub but we all then moved on to the park and she couldn't resist popping out of the playground without telling anyone (I was watching her and saw her open the gate and go out, it's a big playground so she was a good hundred yards away by then), going to the stream and (surprise!) falling in again. This time only her leg and foot got wet - last time in same park back in summer it was her whole body! Then she got waily and wobbly about having a wet sock/shoe/leg/foot etc. Since she had been playing some kind of 'I'm a pirate' game when exploring the stream, I encouraged her to think that a pirate would probably be brave about having a wet foot for a short while.
While she was falling in the stream, I had been ringing Glo and Shula and arranged to pop round there briefly after the park, which turned out to be soooo nice. Hadn't seen them for absolutely ages. Had a really nice chat as the children played pretty well and didn't need a lot of input, although littler J did need a bit of attention as bigger J and F were not including him. Had a good chat and Glo very kindly drove us all the way home, which I think was quite a reprieve for F in her slightly wobbly state - the walk back from the station might have been hard on her.
Today - back to MMs for first time in weeks, which was great. I had wondered if F would be very clingy, given the wobbliness, but she ended up playing by herself and with other kids most of the time. It was very nice to have a lift there and back from Nic - I really noticed that I was nowhere near as tired when we got back as I usually am!
Have got quite a bit of work to get done over the week ahead but they haven't formally told me the deadline yet so I'm a bit adrift.
Monday, February 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment