Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pox upon the house

A title intended cunningly to refer to both F having chicken pox and us making a U-turn in our house-hunting. Do you see what I did there? Sort of.
Took F to drama on Saturday but probably shouldn't have as she fell over twice on the way there and didn't enjoy the last half hour at all (prob. pox-related) and was a bit, er, disruptive let's say. In the evening I had a nice girls' night in and sleepover at Ros's, with curry and lots of wine, escaping from all children except baby J, who was extremely obliging in just sitting and enjoying the ambience.
Had a walk on Sunday to see which way J would walk to work and back if we took 'the' house. And somehow that led to us deciding to move to Polegate instead! We will get a hell of a lot more for our money there, whereas here we are scratching and scraping to find something that still involves a lot of compromise. Finished up in ASK (LOL again Nic - Accommodation Sharing Kounselling? Acquiring Shelter Kare) having pizza and pudding and a new life plan, as you do.
Monday, Nic picked us up in the Nicbus (yes the nutter did sit next to me) and off we went to Monkey Bizness which was very large and mad and thoroughly enjoyed by all the kids. F peed herself somewhere in the curly slide, oh joy, despite visiting the toilet twice before that. Will definitely go again when the schoolies have abandoned it. Even a vegan sandwich available, can't be bad.
Last night in the small hours, I was summoned 5 times and on one of those occasions spots were found. More have appeared through the day and so it's calamine, lavender oil baths, etc. Barbie films, ice lantern making, baths, chat and cuddles kind of day.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oats! Oats in the bath. Hope your week isn't too poxy - have you and J both had it?
Muncee bizniz was pretty cool - I'm going to have a vegan sandwich next time and see if they are made with real vegans! :lol:

ASK continues to entertain me (ambition sharing kounselling? arguers should kiss?).

I'm a bit devastated at the Polegate Plan as it means you'll be further away, but looking forward to hearing about house viewing in Rosland.

a said...

It's not a huge amount further, honest, I know some things will change but seeing you lot isn't going to be one of them so don't start planning a sentimental post yet.
I cannot look at the chalet bungalow details without singing 'A matchbox of our own'. That must be a good sign.
We have had the pox - yes will do oats in the bath just for the sheer novelty value.

Unknown said...

Put them in an old pair of tights or pop sock or net or you'll be picking oats out of your bath for the next .. well until you move probably! ;)

Give F a get well soon cuddle from me please xxx

a said...

Hi HH! xx Will give her big get well hug from you.
Unusually for me I had actually thought of putting the oats in a sock, probably because I don't much like them, so want as little to do with them as possible!

Allie said...

Oh, poor old F. Hope she's soon on the mend.

Could say a lot of sniffy Brighton things about Polegate, but I can understand the attraction of more for your money. Mind you, just think how much you'll spend on train fares to get back to civilisation ;-)

a said...

She's not too bad tonight so far but definitely got a bit miserable at 5ish, poor girl.
Will have to try the oats tomorrow, today was lavender and bicarb again. I'll give it a go and see if it softens me up Alison.
Allie - yeah I would have been sniffy about it until relatively recently too! Maybe when she's older we can come back to Brighton. I'm worried we're gradually drifting East and might end up in Kent, where my roots are - Maiiiiidestoooown. Fack.

a said...

No worries Lucy - I'm glad she's getting it over with.