Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A relaxed home day here.
I did a tiny bit of work in the morning, F played XBox - Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. Seemed to be doing well with it and making progress. She also watched Diamond Castle, while I watched the first 2 episodes of Tess of the D'Urbervilles on i-Player. We also looked at some domino pushing videos on YouTube and one of a moving model dinosaur in a natural history museum.

I read her a story in one of her comics and then we both did some Wii Fit and talked about posture and balance and fitness. F played around with making Guest Miis a bit. I processed some washing and then C from over the road came and asked if she could play so she stayed for an hour and a half. They played Nintendogs together for a while, sending their dogs visiting with messages and gifts, before C got bored and started her roaming around the house picking things up and being slightly troublesome. She has a tendency to pick up an unused craft kit and start opening it up and using it, which is not very welcome if it's a single-use thing. Have just realized she's gone off with F's Nintendogs again, actually. Last time she 'lost' a dog.

F and I are mainly cuddly and giggly at the moment, with less 'content' to our conversation but lots of affection, joking around and all that. So it's not very bloggish but is nevertheless important stuff.
I've just spent over an hour on bedtime, nice to just hang out and play a bit of DS together, then listen to a Hans Christian Andersen story, in this case 'Big Klaus, Little Klaus', which I hadn't heard before and was amazed it had been included on a kids' CD. She has had the CD for ages and really likes the story and was explaining to me that 'it's funny, even though it's ugly, like the Simpsons, you know?' - a great summary of black humour. She really got the whole idea, talked about how the characters motivated by money/greed ended up, etc.

One thing I forgot, we were shopping on Saturday and F was pretending not to be with me and to be in the queue in her own right but also hiding behind a woman standing behind me. I said something vaguely apologetic to the woman, in case she was child unfriendly, as we had already apparently irritated a few people we'd passed earlier, due to holding Pampas grass in an unpopular manner or some other crime. The woman said it was fine and it was 'nice to see a child with a bit of a spark about her', which I thought was nice - know what she means too, especially this time of year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you please explain the correct way of holding pampas grass so that your blog readers do not commit the same crime as you did.

a said...

Looking at yer lil icon there, I'm not sure you'd be worried!!
F had a nice piece of Pampas grass and was holding it as we walked along in lots of different positions but was very careful never to touch anyone with it as we passed people. Nevertheless we got lots of rather glaring expressions, perhaps just at the thought that a child *might* touch them with Pampas grass.

Anonymous said...

you know i looked at that after posting the comment and decided it wasn't a very nice icon to be putting on other peoples blogs so went to change it and came back here and it hadn't disappeared. sorry. should be a much friendlier smiley face when i send this one!

i know those looks well!