To get back into daily blogging...
F started the day (and I do mean before breakfast) by finishing painting her alarm clock. She wanted to write WAKE UP in different coloured letters on the edge but wasn't sure she could do small enough writing and decided she wanted me to do it instead. She did everything else though and has been playing with it and talking about time a bit since. The alarm is the classic metal hammer hitting two metal bells very fast - will check it before I go to bed...
She played VP: Pocket Paradise on DS a bit after breakfast, while I was laptopping, then I did some Wii Fit (another daily habit I'm trying to recultivate).
In the afternoon she and I went into town for a few bits: bread, fruit, Cheezly, Bio Oil for The Scar. She also wanted to 'look in Woolworths', which is one of her hobbies and also in 'The Outside Shop' (not its real name but close) for something she thought she'd seen there. It was a nice leisurely stroll into and around town, she is so much easier to be with now for things like that - I remember when there was so much that could go wrong on a trip into town. We were indolent and got the bus back.
Walking down from the bus stop, some graffiti, now that she can read, prompted her to ask questions that led to me having to define 'sex' - oh dear...
I did my best but I wasn't very ready, having hoped this conversation would happen at home with a nice book to work with... I definitely included willies and fannies ('if it's a man and a woman'), enjoyment but only for adults, love as a preferable option, babies being grown and 'seed'. Hopefully that was an OK first attempt and we may return to this subject. Had to then remember what I'd said, as closely as possible, to brief J, when we got home, who had the nerve to laugh at how giggly I got.
In general, her new reading skills and confidence are generating various 'what does X mean?' type questions, opening up whole new areas of 'stuff'.
Moving on, then, I had a lovely bath with a book and a glass of wine and then we had sausages, garlic bread, avocado and various other picky bits for tea, with nectarines, strawberries and raspberries with ice-cream and sorbet for afters and watched all the BBC1 'family' stuff, though F not impressed by at least half of it - probably just too much telly all at once.
I've applied some Bio Oil to her arm and hope that that will go OK.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment