Yes I've finally reached the last 24 hours of this huge job that I've been doing all through March. Predictably I still have lots to do, so am anticipating 24 hours of work, adrenaline, coffee, tea, disgusting fizzy drinks that I wish I didn't drink, biscuits etc.
If I'm lucky I might get a few hours sleep tonight or in the early hours. But I might be up all night. Then I have a mad posting dash to look forward to in the morning.
But you know what, I'm happy, and this is part of what makes me happy. I've had in recent months respectively too much paid work and too little paid work, and I am a lot nicer person on too much work with my money worries not sitting at the top of my head making me grumpy. And although I'm probably less available to F technically in terms of actual time to spare, the time I do spend with her when I've got lots of paid work is usually better quality because I'm happy, and I still do try and be as available to her as I can, when not actually strapped to the puter by a deadline. Juggle juggle ramble ramble.
Anyway that's as much time as I should spend here. Looking forward to 3 days off when this is all finished. And hoping I meet this deadline.
Friday, March 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Are you done then? Weekend off?
It was a long story in the end involving my dying laptop and J's mercy mission and other such delights. But it's done and gone and I had a great month workwise, so in May when those invoices are processed there'll be money!
Briefly!
Ali
Post a Comment