Well it was a nice weekend. A fairly successful and relaxed shopping trip on Saturday into town and great visit to library where we picked up vast quantity of books and a few DVDs. J and I watched The Incredibles in the evening, but were disappointed. It didn't seem as gripping or as witty as Finding Nemo. Not sure why but we were yawning through it and my mind kept wandering off. Ah well...
On Sunday J's dad took us and his lady friend out for lunch at a family-friendly pizza/pasta place. F didn't behave too badly, and even ate some actual food (and ice-cream which doesn't count). I really enjoyed it, we hadn't been out like that for a while, mainly because Jan and Feb were tight moneywise, and the weather anyway was more right for cosying in. It was a good relaxed lunch.
In the morning we had had a drawing on walls incident. We had foolishly bought felt pens that didn't declare themselves to be 'washable' or 'rinsable' or whatever. So now I'll have to purchase something to get the pink marks off. I was cross too as she knows now that drawing on walls is a no-no. We've had several discussions about it and she KNOWS. Grrrr. Anyway, I opted for removing the pens from use for a few days. We'll see...
Today we were all ready to go into the city to visit my friend Anya and her son Louis, but it was her turn to put us off due to illness. Bit of a shame but then I'd had to let her down so many times recently with our illness. Maybe we'll see each other some time soon. Louis is about 6 months younger than F and they get on OK, and I have known Anya since we worked together a good 15 years or so ago. We also both did different degrees as mature students at the same time (about 10 years ago).
So today instead, fortunately my lost code for Web Land got resent and so F did play there for a bit. And she played a bit on my Yamaha keyboard, mainly the drum kit setting (!). And now she has the pieces of about 3 different games out all over the floor and I'm not looking forward to tidying up. We still have to get out to the local shop for a few essentials too.
But I have no paid work for this evening, so will have a drink, cook something easy I think and just slump on sofa, to be honest, that's just what I'm in the mood for.
And it feels to me like it will soon really be time to put chairs and tables outside again, to eat some meals out there, to dry vast amounts of washing without draping the radiators, etc.
Monday, March 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment