F has been very reluctant to walk lately so I kind of realized that she probably needed new shoes.
Culminated in an absolute wobbly fit when we went for a short walk with Katya, Ria and Belle (made-up names) yesterday. She went into a right strop but I think at the heart of it was hurty feet, even though she didn't seem keen to agree or admit to it. It was a shame because she and Ria had been playing fine and even walked along holding hands in their nearly matching coats at one point, bit of an 'aaah' moment for me.
So today after doctor's (discussing post-40 contraceptive choices!) we headed to shoe-shop and she was able to get the Spring version shoe that matches the boots that she dearly wanted but couldn't fit into back in Autumn. I think they will take some wearing in, and the straps were too tight when she wore them on the way home. Hopefully she will be OK with them, and we can get some sandals too when we're a bit more flush, as sandals are usually comfiest of all.
It's very important that she should have comfy shoes and walk as much as she can, due to the slight problem she had at birth, affecting her right side gross motor and some fine motor ability. So I get a bit anxious. Anyway we have a physio review in April, so looking forward to that.
Apart from the big wobbly, we did have a nice time at Katya's. Very relaxed on the whole. Shame F got into one of those states where Katya or I would say 'when we go back you can watch a film' and she says 'Don't want film' and we try other things: '...have a drink', '...play with the doll's house', '...eat chocolate' and in every case she says 'Don't want drink', etc. I guess we should have tried '...take your shoes off!'. Ugh, it was horrible, anyway.
Had the evening off last night, no deadlines till Monday, and it was J's turn to cook dinner too! So I had a shandy and we watched a DVD. That passes for bliss in my life at the moment!
Have a bit of work to do today, and Sunday evening to make my deadline, but not too much until next week now. March has been a bumper month for work so far, must do my invoices.
And when I get to this kind of rambly stage it's probably time to stop blogging, so that's all for now.
Friday, March 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's true!
Not sure which is yours yet, still finding my way around the ring, thanks for commenting here though.
Helen is at petit haricots.
Hello and welcome to the ring.
I'll be more blunt- who are you? LOL!
I'm from The Screamteam.
Ah! reading Jax's blog I know know your name :-).
grin.
Wow! All these comments, and entire conversations going on in my comments section, makes me feel like you came and had a party in my back garden or something, but in a good way.
Thanks for putting blog titles to names, that's a big help!
Alison: F will be 4 in July, and I decided on 3 months trial of progesterone only pill. Doctor very keen on coil though.
Post a Comment