I think I might be over this bug. Actually feel well enough to contemplate taking F to music and movement later. Still have some symptoms but just feel more myself somehow. What a relief.
Later yesterday, F made a playdough planet (lots of different colours all kaleidoscoped together with a loving fist, then deep 'wells' made in the planet surface with her fingers - it was actually rather sumptuous, as the playdough was still at the stage where there was just the right amount of mixing of colours to be pretty rather than muddy, and I should have taken a picture, must learn that lesson). Since J is away on a course, I let bedtime go a bit, as I wasn't feeling up to the bedtime routine until I had eaten my dinner.
Really do feel a lot better this morning, hope it lasts. F came into the big bed at about half five this morning and we both drifted back to sleep till gone 9. Very civilized. She lay on her back making patterns in the air with her hands and feet and singing made-up rhymes: 'daddy waddy maddy laddy...', 'mummy dummy summy tummy...' and one with her name as the start too.
She's currently constructing some kind of cushion mountain, and now I need my second cup of tea to really get moving.
Later:
Music and Movement was enjoyed, although I didn't quite feel well enough to socialize afterwards, partly because our normal venue isn't going to be available at that time any more, so we'd have had to hang out in the park instead. Not quite up to that yet.
Various text messages and phone calls and contact today have been so reassuring as proof that I really have established a social life for F, and it's still there despite our break due to illness. How nice, how lucky we are. We now have engagements of various sorts (people coming here, us going to them) for the rest of the week.
Apart from Music and Movement, F has been rather trying this afternoon, probably because she hasn't eaten properly. This happens occasionally, don't think it's a problem as long as it's not too often.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
welcome to the blog ring, I have only just joined too. look forward to reading your posts.
tammy
Welcome to the ring.
Thank you all for the welcome.
Post a Comment