Quick backwards rundown:
Today
F wrote a story in the morning - a book with 4 chapters, a total of about 150 words maybe, all handwritten by her, which is something of a first and I'm thrilled about. She has got to that point where the speed of her writing is just about high enough to allow momentum to get her through writing something (haven't put that at all well, sorry, but I expect you get me).
She revealed each new bit to me as she wrote it, sentence by sentence, sometimes even one word at a time. I read it out each time and gasped in excitement at each new bit - I love a story and it was great having it revealed like that. F asked for spellings for a few words and most of them she just spelt as she wanted to. I didn't have any problems with decoding it, although much of it was not 'standard' spelling, by a long shot. When she'd finished, she asked me to staple the pages together.
In the afternoon, she watched Finding Nemo, noticed a Monsters Inc character in the end credits, for the first time - we love catching those odd little bits.
In the evening we went out to Woodcraft Folk session up at the Community Organic Allotment - left slightly late (what a surprise) so had to leg it up the hill rather fast - F is now such a good walker, in terms of speed and stamina, it's so nice not to have to feel I'm constantly chivvying her along, etc. We called for C and E on the way - it was their first WF session. The session was well attended and the kids got to do a bit of digging, planting and leaf identification - they seemed quite engaged. It was late to be up there and the sun went down just at the end! F joined in quite a bit and also played around with other E (from Sunday) quite a lot - they have a habit of disappearing, but they seem to reappear just as my anxiety levels start to climb... She's coming for tea on Friday.
C very kindly gave us a lift home - we haven't seen them for a while and feels like we have loads to chat about but don't really get the chance at the moment, except by e-mail (despite living 15 mins walk away!) but have got some opportunities coming up.
Tuesday
My mum came and played with F/kept her company all afternoon while I worked. F does love her grandma very much and has lots of fun with her - poor grandma must be worn out after all that.
Monday
I had to go to the dentist in the afternoon. Can't remember much else - was numb-lipped for a good 3 hours and still feel a bit delicate (crown got broken and is being replaced). Afterwards I met J and F in town for coffee - not that I was able to drink anything really, though I did try, somewhat foolishly.
I worked after that and stayed up till stupid o'clock in the morning fiddling with some arsey text boxes. They so norty.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
bet the kerfuffles at MMs were more fun than the dentist ;)
There were kerfuffles?!
yup.. grown ups shouted at each other.. children cried.. twas most kerfuffley! :p
mmm truffles with kirsch in?
F's story sounds cool.
Kerfuffles sound like rather lovely kiss and ruffle things... But I bet the reality was less fun.
kisses and ruffles and truffles do sound nicer :)
(just fyi, was not me doing any kerfuffling!)
Post a Comment