Monday, October 20, 2008

Today:
I finished a huge piece of work on time early this morning having stayed up all night - haven't done that in a while! Was really pleased with it too, finished it all very thoroughly (proofreading, check diagrams/text boxes, etc.).

F got up just as I had finished it, so we both had breakfast, then set off to MMs. It's a tribute to the current atmosphere at MMs that I didn't think 'oh no I'm far too tired for MMs' or 'probably better to stay at home since I was up all night' or 'not really worth two buses each way and being out for so long'. Instead I felt quite comfortable to be heading off there at a leisurely pace. We were really lucky with buses and got there before half eleven.
F surprised me by deciding to do the craft activities - well she didn't actually decorate a paper lantern, but she did decorate some paper. And she definitely made blue glittery playdough. Mostly though she played outside and in the hall with L, T, newish Ch and a few others. She's enjoying MMs a lot at the moment I think. And I was able to sit in a corner for a couple of hours really, drinking tea and chatting with K, L and others. And poor E did about 80% of the work! Sorry E!
Meanwhile, us lazy gits in the corner idly discussed laminating our rubbish in a sort of anti-recycling conceptual art kind of way. Plus maggots and some other unpleasant topics. I had some offloading that I really needed to do and felt a lot better afterwards.

F had a bit of a wobbly suddenly at the end - due to someone having said something about someone else I think - not even anything that bad. Think it was partly hunger-induced as I had failed to pack any sandwiches in my tired state!
Us lazy gits in the corner did help with tidying and putting away at the end - then we got the bus into town with E and her two, plus L and A. Think we all enjoy that communal feeling on the bus after MMs.

Took F for some food - let her choose and she chose Quizno's for subs - I had thought she might choose McDonalds (she's never been, just because we don't go there) but she's not bothered so far about that, which is very cool. I know the time will come... peer influence, etc. Talking of which, she was also asking about The Sugababes in Woolworths, so I suggested listening to/watching some of their music on YouTube if she's interested, and then buying a CD if she likes them.
By the time we got home, it had started raining and it's not stopped since. Still, we've had such a lovely sunny autumn up to now.

Weekend:
For me the weekend included quite a lot of paid work but also some nice relaxing time. Bit of tidying and hoovering but lots of lounging around, watching things and playing games too.
J's mum came over on Sunday - I had to work but she and J and F went off to the park, then played some Big Brain Academy on the Wii. She also brought a magnetics kit, so they all did a bit of that.

Plus some things I think I forgot to blog recently:
F made a 'flip book' animation on her Leapster, which shows the words of a little song she made up, one after the other in order.
She had 2 female characters fall in love, propose and get married to each other in her Sims game - they wore top hats and wedding dresses I think.
She and I play the odd bit of Animal Crossing on wireless at the moment, and send each other messages and bottle notes and all sorts.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Mine have never been to McD's and no sign of wanting to, yet! I think is largely down to my brother telling them there was poo in the food, when they were very little...

MMs sounds nice at the mo.