Saturday, October 04, 2008

So relaxing this weekend - haven't got to be anywhere or do anything!
Got up late this morning, 09:45. F had been awake for a little while but had been quiet - nice to start the day with natural slow waking, rather than an alarm or a demand or other noises.

In the morning I read, Internetted and pootled. F played a bit of DS I think and was looking through Barbie DVDs and sorting them for a while. Think she watched Diamond Castle, then she and I were trying to work out the order that she got various dolls in, using whatever information we could remember, which involved a lot of logical deduction, from statements such as 'Molly definitely wasn't first. The twins came before Annabel, etc.'

In the afternoon, J and F went into town on a mission to buy a PS3! Also some nice foody stuff, plus F chose a book - The Story of Tracy Beaker - and a DVD - the new Little Mermaid one I think. While they were out I did some Wii Fit and had a long relaxed bath. When they came back, J wrestled with cables a bit and set up the PS3, while F had a lot of cuddles with me and read out bits of screen instructions now and then. Then J downloaded the LittleBigPlanet Beta and he and F played that until dinnertime. Had a picky bits dinner - bacon sandwiches, sausages, samosas, ciabatta and salad. After dinner, F read a bit of her Tracy Beaker book and intermittently played LBP with J and went to bed late.

And now I'm Internetting a bit more and watching Come Dine With Me from a month or so ago on my laptop, because my ex-boss/friend is on it.

Generally, lately, F has been continuing to play Harvest Moon - she is gradually getting into the idea of the game more, not sure if she will actually play it this time round, more likely she will abandon it for another few months and then get back to it and understand more and get to grips with it. Still, she has got as far as building a bird shed and keeping chickens this time round, which involved much more engagement with the game, patience, understanding, etc. It's a good game, I like it too - did a bit of the farming for her at one stage.
She has also been playing with her baby dolls quite a lot too, much feeding them and singing them lullabies.
She has missed being able to go on the trampoline - hope she will be able to after this week - but she hasn't moaned about it at all. I love that she is not the kind of child to mind when visitors have gone on it, even though she can't. I explained to her why people asked if she minded - she didn't really get why she would.

We have another relaxed day tomorrow, will be nice.

No comments: