Monday, December 25, 2006

So here it is...

Thursday:
We went into Lewes and went to a few shops for extra prezzies and supplies before hitting Waitrose which was surprisingly empty of people and full of products, so had a good shopping experience there. I got a taxi back with a dozen shopping bags and J and F went over to his workplace to pick up some things he had left there and just to enjoy some walking with torch and fibre optic light at night (well, dark, anyway, gone 4).
Not sure what else we did, I know I made loads of bath fizzers for various people.
Funny how 2 of my favourite 'makes' - ice-lanterns and bath-bombs - are self-disposing. I think we watched a film, but I'm not sure if it was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or not. But anyway, twas a hectic day, but enjoyable and Xmassy.

Friday:
I went to post-office and posted off the bath fizzers with a reasonable chance that they might actually reach their recipients before Xmas, and if not, very soon after.

F stayed home with J and I did a bit more shopping for, er, bits.
And probably bobs.

Saturday:
J's dad came and allowed F to open one of her prezzies from him (Little Mermaid and Little Mermaid 2 on DVD), and opened one of his prezzies from her (Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker). J and I had done a lot of rushing tidying in the morning of course, which is now nice to have done ready for Xmas.


Today:
Have made a few more bath bombs, chilled out nicely, did a very fiddly kit with F (6+ my arse), watched Joseph (Donny Osmond with long hair!) and F and I went for an evening walk to see all the Xmas lights in the neighbourhood, which was lovely, something of a tradition for us now.


Other things that come to mind: F did some more writing and talking about Magic E and a bit of reading of the odd word on labels, etc.; we had one of those lovely family snuggles in bed one morning with tickling and chatting and cuddles, should be plenty more of those over Xmas break; I already have work for early January, which is good; tried to record 4 films on Saturday and didn't get any of them!; enjoyed Strictly Come Dancing final; am very much looking forward to tomorrow, F has some fantastic prezzies to enjoy and I think I will have a good pile of books ready to read by the end of the day too.


To everyone popping by here, I hope you have a wonderful Xmas break, with lots of laughter, cuddles and relaxation.

No comments: