Wednesday, December 27, 2006

So there it was...

It was great, a really relaxed one, so relaxed that there were a few times we suddenly realized things we'd forgotten (like gravy!), but they didn't matter too much! F woke up at about 9:30ish, we came down and saw that the tights that she'd hung by the fireplace were all funny-shaped, so we took them back up to our bedroom, with coffee and tea for us. All sorts of nice things emerged from the stripy tights over the next couple of hours or so, including glitter pens, a My Little Pony, a DVD, a puzzle, marbles, a coloured light, mini-notebooks and a diary.
Downstairs, J mixed us some really serious tabasco-heavy Bloody Marys, the best I've ever tasted, and we snacked on nuts and stuff and F opened a few prezzies. J's mum came over at about half two and more prezzies were opened. F's main prezzies were a pink DS lite with Little Mermaid game, Viva Pinata XBox game, a CD-player and a music keyboard. I got loads of books, some shower stuff, a David Bowie CD that I used to have on tape and loved and F and I both got a lovely colour-changing clock, with a different colour every hour. I gave J a very good digital camera as a combined 40th birthday with Xmas prezzy, as I was skint when his birthday happened and he has had his camera for 5 years now. And there was lots more but I don't want to get too listy. F has generally been 'fa-la-la'ing and coming out with other snippets of Xmas songs here and there in a festive manner, usually more a medley of first and second lines of several songs rather than following one all the way through.
Dinner at half six was nut roast by J, roast pots, snips and sweet pots by me and sprout and broccoli stir-fry with pine kernels, soy and other nice seasonings by J. It was lovely and we had loads of different chutneys and niceties with it. Since none of us much like Xmas pudding we followed it with a cheeky Lyons treacle tart! Enjoyed the Xmas Dr Who but it did feel a bit like one of those Xmas ones that isn't quite as good as the real thing somehow, maybe because they're trying to appeal to people who don't normally watch it or something for a 'family Xmas' experience?
Boxing day was extremely laid back, I tidied kitchen a little in the morning but didn't do much else of that ilk all day. J's mate G came over in the evening and we chatted, watched some Battlestar Galactica, drank red wine and ate delicious curry from our finally-depleted freezer store of Chaula's dishes.
And other than that we've just been relaxing really, a lot of Viva Pinata has been played, story CDs listened to, DS lite played with, I've been reading and laptopping and it's just been really nice not to have to get up early, not to have to work, etc. We have quickly fallen into our proper hours of waking sometime around half nine, F going to bed sometime around half 8 to 9, she's asleep by 10ish, J and I stay up till 2ish. Feels so much more right somehow, shame it can't always be that way.
In the evenings, apart from Battlestar Galactica and Torchwood backlog, we've been watching 'Heroes' which I'm liking so far, similarities with 4400 with a smattering of LOST and a touch of X-Men about it, along with a few other less successful sci-fi series of recent years, whose names escape me right now. Haven't spotted much in the TV schedules that's been tempting but have recorded a few films.

No comments: