(Sunday morning)
And when I woke I dozed and read in bed for ages and J brought me a cuppa at about midday!
J got up with F and read her stories from a comic and not sure what else they did. Think she watched some Numberjacks.
After I had got up and had another cuppa, I helped F finish her 'stage'. The top section is the stage - a cardboard box, open through from front to back with bubble wrap curtain and a backdrop on one side. Underneath, another cardboard box is stuck to it, which forms the 'green room'! The green room has a window so that the soft toys can look out at the audience when other characters are on 'stage'. A bit later, the soft toys performed their unique version of Sparky's New Clothes again, using their new theatre equipment, with the usual odd aside and bits where they don't really make much sense.
I did 2 hours of 'blitz' gardening, pulling bindweed and long straw-like grasses out of our front garden to reveal which plants have survived and which haven't. It was good to do physical work and achieve something, whilst chatting to our neighbour who was out there moving some plants from one area to another and gave us some freshly dug potatoes which look gorgeous.
F played a new XBox game 'Band of Bugs' which looks complicated. Then she had pizza for dinner and at bedtime I read her the final chapter of My Secret Unicorn: A Touch of Magic, and then started the only one left that we haven't read. We're both a bit worried because Twilight has lost his magical powers.
J and I had pittas with houmous, chilli and grilled mushrooms for dinner and watched Silkwood, because I recorded it about 5 months ago and J's never seen it. It did seem very dated in some ways, rather laboured, but I still love some scenes in that film and it's amazing to see that Cher is/was capable of real acting.
This week I don't think we have a single commitment all week, so I'm hoping to get plenty of work done (have a 25,000 word job that I haven't looked at yet), and take F over to park and other local places perhaps.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment