Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sunny Saturday

Proper weekend here, no work till Monday, finished last bit Friday morning.
Today F
watched Ice Age and Ice Age 2, drew pictures of the characters, played XBox mini-golf with me, spent some time in her garden den and went on the swing a lot, emptied water out of the turtle lid in the garden for me, really helpfully (I had mentioned it several times as a job for today as it had some kind of tiny larvae in it - yuk!), picked something and tried to replant it in a pint glass with soil and water.
Also we all went into town to do a bit of
shopping. The main town greengrocer's shop has expanded (oh, so that's what happened to Millet's) and is fabulous now, much more spacious, easier to move around in and the cafe area is bigger. They were selling all sorts of veg, I bought purple shallots, purple pepper, and two different mixed bags of seasonal salad that included little flower petals and herby bits. They had interesting looking curly beans and loads of different tomatoes and local apples.
Picked up a few
Pony items for F's birthday in Woolworths, under much pressure a bit later from her to reveal what I knew about whether she would be getting a particular one for her birthday or not, she worked herself up into a state about my efforts to be cryptic and an elderly lady nearby gave her a toffee in the hope of calming her down! Which was kind but then how am I supposed to teach 'don't trust strangers who may offer you sweets...' etc.
Also bought Dr Who stickers, F and J bought sandals.
What else? She managed to
sound out the word 'magic' in a comic, and a few others with help. I read her stories and she did a couple of the puzzles in the comic.
In the evening we had curry and watched Night at the Museum, which was watchable and I quite liked.
Lots of nice cuddles and giggles together today and good chats.

No comments: